Houzz Logo Print
webuser_878626350

I like concrete kitchens but I don’t like industrial style...

None None
4 anni fa

I like concrete kitchens but I don’t like industrial style... I like the kitchen cabinets I’ve circled in the picture and probably replace the black worktop with white (or marble?). How would you style this? I like bright, airy, colourful, cosy family kitchens.

Thank you

Commenti (17)

• Ellie
    4 anni fa

The words you used - bright cosy family colorful just don't match that texture/surface for me

• Sonia
    4 anni fa

I agree with Ellie. Concrete is hardly cosy.

• Juliet Docherty
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

I don't necessarily think concrete looks cold, it can look really tactile and that can feel warm. Not sure about concrete cupboards though, that is a bit too industrial for my liking. I love this image below, the wood, leather concrete and the natural lighting.

Bauhaus Fotografie · Maggiori informazioni

• None None
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

That is what I love about the concrete cabinets, is that it’s tactile! And that it’s a bit different - not one block colour. Thank you for the ideas for warming it up.

• minnie101
    4 anni fa

It's hard to find images but I definitely agree with adding wood. I think a white or marble top would work well. Just wondering if you've considered a two tone kitchen like all the ones pictured below (I know these could be warmed further!) ?

Obviously your choice of lighting, furniture, upholstery etc will lose any industrial feel as may the kitchen design itself. I'd also consider texture for accessories. I also want to add more greenery to these kitchens but they are lovely!

• None None
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Minnie I love your ideas! Greenery yes, and maybe some colour? Some colourful artwork and fruit bowl, that kind of thing? Probably more of a soft pink but I don’t think the husband would go for that. What other colour combo? It will be part of an open plan design so plenty of scope for adding textile etc. Thank you

• minnie101
    4 anni fa

Hi, do you mean you like the 2 tone idea? is that the actual cabinet shown? I'm useless at colour but if so I think it would work well with chocolate (as shown), purple brown, nude, pinks, terracotta, burnt orange etc. I would either go light or dark for the other cabinets, maybe something like Farrow and ball skimming stone would work if you want to go light. Do you have a kitchen plan?

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    4 anni fa

The colour scheme discussed in this post sounds very similar to one of our recently finished kitchen projects, here are some finished photos.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• rinked
    4 anni fa

I'd consider concrete (look) counters or wall finish, not cabinet fronts.

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    4 anni fa

We have specified concrete furniture fronts many times for clients with great end results. There are real examples of finished kitchens on our Houzz projects page should you want further inspiration. On the kitchen shown above we used concrete furniture fronts to create a statement island.

• PRO
    Smeg UK
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Have you thought about your appliances yet? We'd love to help find something that matches your vision! Please feel free to get in contact.

• PRO
    Warrington + Rose
    4 anni fa

Concrete doesn't have to be grey and industrial, we're manufacturing concrete tops and claddings in all range of colours, from white, greys to any colour you can imagine, check our website to find some inspiration

www.warringtonandrose.co.uk

In case you would have any questions don't hesitate and give me a call

• None None
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Thank you everyone for your input. Town house design, Your photos have been a big inspiration. And warringtonandrose, that’s good to know, I’ll give it some thought. Needless to say I think we’ll now be waiting a while for a new kitchen. Thank you all

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    4 anni fa

I'm glad you found our projects page inspirational, we put a lot of time and effort into the designs we create for our clients, so it's lovely to hear. We are taking precautions against coronavirus and remain open for business and are actually very busy at the present time designing new kitchens for clients. All the best with the project, we would be more than happy to help when you're ready.

• None None
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I’m so happy to hear that it’s business as usual

• PRO
    Stone Worktops
    4 anni fa

I'll second what others said before me- concrete doesn't NEED to be industrial at all. It is used often to achieve this effect, but it's really a pretty natural material, like stone! So if you think of your concrete as you would think of stone, a whole new realm of possibilities opens up -- and adding wood and other natural materials and plants will work very well to get you to the effect you want.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".