Houzz Logo Print
jsbonelli

How to improve the curb appeal

jsbonelli
4 anni fa

We are considering an offer on this house. The neighborhood is very 1970’s. What could we do to improve the curb appeal? We would want to paint for sure. Any colors or ideas would be greatly appreciated! The roof is new and there is rock fascia behind the landscaping to consider. Thanks!

Commenti (10)

• Denita
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Is this home in an HOA?

If so, are there color restrictions in the HOA documents? In my area it's common for the HOA to restrict colors and have to approve any exterior changes including those changes to landscaping and painting.

Your potential home needs a complete redo of the landscaping. I'll let others show you potential on the landscaping front.

• jsbonelli
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Denita, there is an HOA so that would be a consideration. I was thinking some type of grey/taupe.

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    4 anni fa

Good landscaping would make a big difference.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato laceyvail 6A, WV
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    4 anni fa

I agree that house color should be changed, but don't have a way to show it. I also think the stone veneer ought to be removed, or at minimum painted over to something much more subtle.

It would be a more inviting entrance if the landscape area left of entrance was replaced with expanded landing. I would simplify landscape, deepening the bed, and eliminate all growing along the drive edge, penning it in and screening the entrance.

It's a likely bet that a small tree or two is needed, but the view is not conducive to figuring out where/how that might be.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato Yardvaark
  • cat_ky
    4 anni fa

What I am wondering about, more than paint color and landscaping is. Does that driveway come down from a street that is higher than where the house sits? If that is the case, make sure that all the rain water isnt running down that drive, and either under the house and garage itself, or into a basement, if it has one, or causing any other water damage in the house itself. Might be something to check into, before making an offer, if water running towards the house is actually a problem. Its very hard to tell from the one photo you posted.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato cat_ky
  • graywings123
    4 anni fa

Looks like a brown roof. Gray probably isn't a good paint choice if that is the case.

There is a house near me with a brown roof and painted beige-almost-gold. I know what you are thinking - yuck. But it's a really pretty color. If I can find it again on my walk, I will try to get a pic.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato graywings123
  • Sigrid
    4 anni fa

The yellow is nice, not too bright. The green trim is pretty awful. Pick a color that goes with the yellow --- an orangish brown, for example. White is classic, too. The rock veneer is barely visible, just leave it. If you hate it, grow bigger shrubs in front of it.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato Sigrid
  • PRO
    Zapata Design, LLC
    4 anni fa

To add to the ideas on landscaping, I think you also need more variation in the shape and texture of the bushes/small trees near the home. This gives you some idea - not the best since I
    Am Editing while in the car, but you get the idea.

jsbonelli ha ringraziato Zapata Design, LLC
  • jsbonelli
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Cat_ky, the house sits up from the street so I don’t think water will flow up but thanks for the thought, I am posting another picture of the rock fascia. Thanks for all the comments from the Houzzers.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".