Houzz Logo Print
mjsmith01

Basement Remodel - Architect?

mjsmith01
4 anni fa

We are planning a complete basement overhaul and remodel next year and will have a tight budget. Should we hire an architect? What determines if you need one or not? Or are there contractors that do it all including design? Not sure how to start?

Commenti (6)

• ShadyWillowFarm
    4 anni fa

No. Architects build buildings and handle bigger designs. Are you planning on adding or tearing down walls? Adding a bathroom, moving plumbing, etc? Bigger general contractors have designers on staff.

• PRO
    M & D Builders
    4 anni fa

You can just hire a reputable general contractor who will help you with what you want to do

• User
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Hire a designer. Tight budget and a complete basement overhaul don’t belong in the same sentence. Unless you want I Designer, poor quality, and cheap. Throw down some sheet vinyl and set up some lawn chairs if so.

• Aaron Hemmert
    4 anni fa

General contractors don’t need to be big to have designers. I work for a guy who’s wife does most of the designs for our remodels. Which works out really good cause when problems arise they can collaborate and come up with a quick solution. Not including her, there’s only 3 of us that do nearly all the work. My suggestion would be to ask around locally. There will be someone who can take your ideas and also do the work to turn them into reality. I would expect to pay for it though. In the end, if the designer and general contractor are good you’ll be happy with the results.

• mjsmith01
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Thanks - all good ideas. First contractor interview tomorrow. I will ask some staffing type questions. I have so many thoughts about design and process that maybe a designer is what I need to pull it all together.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".