Houzz Logo Print
jen_ratner

Braided rug for family room?

J R
4 anni fa

Good morning! Does anyone have either a 100% wool or mostly wool braided rug in their high traffic family room? I’m not worried about staining, as we don’t really eat there, but more concerned with it getting matted down and shabby after time and vacuuming. Thank you!

Commenti (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 anni fa

Those are pretty I am not sure how they would stand up over time but I think I would risk it.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

The pictures you're showing are not braided, they are an enlarged knit pattern. While these chunky textures are fun, they will look good for maybe a couple of months, if you're lucky. You'll be forever picking stuff out of the holes in the knit. Not a good choice for a high-traffic area, IMO. If you like a textured feel, then perhaps look at Moroccan-style wool rugs that have a bit of shaggyness to them. Wool wears well and is easily cleaned. Something like these, perhaps:

Nuloom Marrakech Contemporary Shags Hand Made Area Rug, Ivory, 9'x12' · Maggiori informazioni

Hand-Tufted Bohemian Moroccan Diamond Rug, Gray, 5'x8' · Maggiori informazioni

• J R
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Sabrina: they’re not braided? Looks like a braid to me. I like the natural variation in the strands rather than all one tone.

• IdaClaire
    4 anni fa

Nope. That's knitting.

• mainenell
    4 anni fa

A couple more in my granddaughters’ bedroom.

• mad_gallica (z5 Eastern NY)
    4 anni fa

The cheap, mostly acrylic braided rug we picked up second hand for about $20.

They tend to wear quite well, and have the added advantage of being reversable.

We also have a good, 100% wool one in the dining room.

• IdaClaire
    4 anni fa

Mainenell, your little helper is very well behaved!

Pretty rugs!

• eandhl2
    4 anni fa

I have hand made braided rugs in sitting area, dining rm,& living rm. plus a

3 X 5 at kitchen sink. These are probably 45 yrs old. I presently have one 4 inch split in sitting area I could fix. The kitchen sink one does take a beating. I won't fix it I will replace with something. The couple that made them were old so I can't replace it.

• PRO
    Beth Hansen, @ Ethan Allen, Omaha NE
    4 anni fa

Wool is a great material for rugs, but they do take time to break in. The more you walk on it the more the fibers break and it will shed. This goes away in time. However in a high traffic area combined with a pretty knitted/braided design- it will be fuzzy looking in time and not lay smooth as it does in the picture. I also would not vacuum over this type of rug without the beater bar off (suction only).

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".