Houzz Logo Print
karmalargo

my living room needs your help please

Alice Edwards
4 anni fa

Have tried and tried but to no avail not happening. I have items i like, as you’ll see i’m pretty low budget on my furniture but it’s all i have and just can’t get it right! The first pic is an old metal stand i want to use in living room and had painted, but going to re paint ( what color?) and i’m sure besides curtain issues, what can i do? Please help me. I’ll show pics of diff angles, stairs are at entrance, they were all dark brown and i painted the rails and steps white to match trim, hoping to brighten room. Walls are tumbleweed. Have tried to add some red that’s in the area rug to incorporate that funky red lamp i love and some pops of yellow and orange to try to brighten up my navy love seat. Pillows came with love seat, but may re cover (they are dark blue, lol) Almost painted rattan chair but could not go back if didn’t work out. Should i paint the rest of the stairs? Where am i going, please help HOUZZERS. Sail boat art i picked up for above king size bed but might go in living room? Not the theme but colors might go? Ornate mirrors on either side of window with window unit, found two and can paint mirror frames? Pics i have now are old flower paintings i found in this old attic when we moved in, painted the frames to match dark original hardwood, but new frame color? I love flowers! Window unit eye sore, behind blue chair is gas heater so pretty limited in arrangement, unfortunately.

Commenti (473)

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Yes! The curtains, may have to be christmas present to me. I’ll get some opinions on that too :) coincidence is that the silver on love seat, silver ‘bumps’ on mirror and there is a smidge of silver (probably classified as gray) in the rug!

• groveraxle
    4 anni fa

Alice, you are one of the best clients ever! I love people who are willing to try anything.

When you go to hang curtains, you're going to find that wall is too crowded.

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Alice I love the white sheers!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Hi Grover, i missed you and was hoping you were following still. I know your right, i was thinking about that myself when i hung the riverside. I love it now and it may be a while for the curtains, we’ll have to re visit new wall decor when i do the curtains, ok?Do you think the sheer look ok until do something els. I like the sheers and i can hang them higher but i’ll look like those pants at the ankles ‘high waters’, lol - so you like the look how it is for now?

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I think my husband hid my ladder????

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

He really likes it too all that we ‘all’ have done and he’s a guy!!!!!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

So what style would you classify this? Hard to say?

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Boho Italy/Paris

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Ooooooo, i like!!!lol

• groveraxle
    4 anni fa

The sheers look fine for now. And it's coming together in a real boho look. That rug is da bomb!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

It is! Really pleased with the colors, this room needed. I realize now why the rug was at such a good price, for my budget or would not have been able to purchase. It is a very low pile, not plush at all which is just fine. Even if it wears some will probably even make it look better for my taste. I may look at fabric maybe gauze like sheer type when get ready for curtains. I can make my own length that way and catch a sale. Thank you, going to paint the mirror tomorrow :) if you don’t mind me asking, do you work for HOUZZ corporation? How does all this decor app work?

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

There is some pros here but the majority of the others are house helpers You could also look into linen curtains make sure they brush the floor

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Ok when i get ready i will consult my ‘pros’ :)

• LT Dub
    4 anni fa

Looking great!!! Love the new rug and hanging plants!

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

I don't know if you are near an ikea but their curtains are a 96" length and the prices are good.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I will check them out, not too close to us but i can look online first. I want to see about linen. I have some linen bed covers my mother brought back for me when she had gone to India, very thin and beautiful colors, getting old though and you can still smell the ink.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I think the top right is a linen?

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

Those are beautiful, are they sari's? My sister has quite a few of those from her travels. Nice thing is they are so light weight. The colors are great, should be some way to use them.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

That’s what i was thinking, i’ll unfold and see if maybe throw one on the rattan? Have two twin sizes, measured them for curtains but not long enough, too dark, do like to keep a light sheer for windows and probably could not get myself to cut them up.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I remember my parents always giving dinner parties and she bought a sari to wear to serve an Indian dinner, she had to have one of her guests come over early bc it took us all to wrap her correctly, lmao, she was beautiful!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

The red floral is a curtain panel i had, sometimes i buy fabric stuff just bc i love the colors

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

What a great memory, your mom sounds like a neat lady. I like stuff that has some meaning to me instead of going to Homegoods to fill an area - or if I have done that, those are the first things to go when I get something I really like. I love working with color as well, colors, lines, shapes, proportions, etc. Lots of fun. The only thing I can think of is a throw if you don't want to cut them up, but sometimes something just pops into your head out of nowhere.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Amen sista, i collect some stuff but i think i have a hard time putting it together. Like all that stuff i had for the living room, it was just not placed right, but most of them you all were able to use in there except those sail boats, lmao. I need something above the master bed, probably be ok for now, hate to show you all that room, lol, just yet..... Dutch Tile Blue bottom half waynescott and Safron Ivory upper and ceiling with more dark flooring.
    Yes mom life long dietitian, masters galore, taught Chinese students at the university after retiring, of course started with the menu, would cook from all over the world. I always ‘had’ to eat just a little portion of everything she made!

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Your fabric can be used for making like a table runner for your dining Room table or pillows or a round table in the bedroom or somewhere and you can layer it Can you put your l boat picture in the guest Room or above your bed or a dresser in your bedroom?

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Yea, the sail boats can go over the bed. I had been looking for two things matching but different from each other why i bought them.

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

You must take after your Mom with your creativity. I really like the style you are going with, its not run of the mill because it expresses who you are, its individual, not something you copy from a magazine. It takes knowing what you like to do that. It took me quite a while to develop my own style and not something that was just a trend.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

You should see me trying to pick out a purse!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Hi Happyleg, that’s a good idea with table runner or cover round table, yea, i’m going to hang the sail boats above the bed. I was hoping the fabric i had would look good as pillows for sofa but i don’t think any of them will look right. I do have two pillows to re cover, came with the sofa but are ugly and wanted to re cover them.

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Happy Thanksgiving

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Oh thank you and you as well, enjoy enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

And joy your day

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

I like it! Enjoy your Thanksgiving all.

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Yes enjoy your beautiful Room

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Thanks to all, for sure, would not enjoy this without everyone!!!!

• groveraxle
    4 anni fa

You're going to have to rethink your wall decor when you add curtains. Make sure your curtains aren't too skimpy.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Got it, you angel you!!! I am at work but still happy, lol

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Oh i didn’t see this pic before! I really like that!!.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

And i did move that blue table beside the chair, how did you know? Looks really good.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Oh, it was in my picture already, well feel foolish.

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

U might if get drapes, move art at plant to above the tv.

• katrina_ellen
    4 anni fa

That looks great grover, I see you used the fabric that alice has for a pillow. Love it.

• doods
    4 anni fa

Yes Grover that looks great!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

That is beautiful as expected from you Grover! Are those curtains a teal color, hard to tell in picture. I do have this fabric and it’s thick for a pillow.

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Match the curtains to the medallion

• Susan Davis
    4 anni fa

Look up article by Alexa Hampton on hanging art. She suggests center of art piece or art grouping be 65-67 inches above the floor.....you will learn some basics that will improve you hanging abilities.....room is evolving so nicely and I am enjoying this post immensely.

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Well folks i’m hosting my first family dinner here today and am so proud of our outcome, thank you all. May and will tweak things a bit soon and have to bc this has been and enjoyable adventure to say the least!! Hugs and hugs...head count went from 6 to 17, lol, need more cobbler, made a strawberry cobbler for the first time!

• doods
    4 anni fa

Have fun Alice!

• Alice Edwards
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas..this is out my kitchen window. I am presently restoring my great grandfathers kitchen table (100+ yrs old) that I came across in my late father’s shed. Then we’ll work on a new re decor of another room, still loving my living room. Hanging ivy’s are thriving well in their spots and received a 10x12 photo taken of a purple thistle flower bordered in navy blue taken near The Royal Palm Visitors Center Everglades National Park signed by photographer. Very proud of this gift. Going to add to my collection. Safe and joyful holiday season to you all, Alice

• happyleg
    4 anni fa

Yes merry Christmas to you too and see you soon

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".