Houzz Logo Print
luz_santana2017

New home- 4 Different flooring

Light
4 anni fa

We’re moving into a new house and having trouble deciding what to do with the flooring... the living room and bedrooms have their original hardwood which we love, the kitchen has new laminate wood flooring which is nice but doesn’t match original hardwood, the family room and hallway have stick on tiles which we don’t like and the bathrooms have nice laminate wood but different from the kitchen- 4 different floor types in all. Should we have kitchen, family room, hallway and bathrooms match? or Just replace the stick on tiles we don’t like?

Commenti (4)

• Olychick
    4 anni fa

If budget is no object, I'd have hardwoods everywhere, finished to match what you already have, except perhaps, not the bathrooms. It will look so much more cohesive.

Light ha ringraziato Olychick
  • Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
    4 anni fa

Consider what areas/rooms are next to each other and therefore would be most noticeable that they have different flooring types.

Personally, I would use the same 'waterproof/water resistant' flooring in bathrooms and kitchen, and for all the other rooms choose a flooring for all of them that's the same - there would be two different flooring types in the house, but that's better than FOUR of them!! :P

We replaced the flooring and carpet as well as repainted the entirety of our new-to-us house - since I wanted to use gray instead of beige and brown, we had to also replace the tile surround for the fireplace on the main level. I used the same tile I chose for the fireplace surround for the kitchen backsplash after getting rid of the laminate counters and having granite installed because the kitchen borders the living room and I wanted things to look cohesive. The kitchen and dining area have LVP, the living room is carpeted like the master bedroom, second bedroom, and hallway. Our basement has the same LVP as the kitchen, master bath, second bath, and front entry.

I posted a couple of pics to kind of give a visual for reference.

Light ha ringraziato Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
  • PRO
    Jemden Interiors
    4 anni fa

Ideally it is best to have the flooring the same as much as possible throughout your home if your budget allows for it. The bathrooms can be a different material but the others I would make the same. Good luck with it all.

Light ha ringraziato Jemden Interiors
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    4 anni fa

I'd make all the public spaces have the same hardwood, refinished to match. The bathroom can have something different, but I'd use something that wasn't a wood look. Also, laminate is not a good choice for a bathroom it does not hold up well to water so look for a tile or LVT

Light ha ringraziato Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".