Houzz Logo Print
cdrangula

Would you hang this mirror?

Chris
10 anni fa
Do you think this mirror in my dining room looks better leaning on the chest or should I hang it? It's a very heavy, mid-century mirror I got at an antique store. The walls have molding so it's not a flat surface.

Commenti (19)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 anni fa
    Looks good as is. I would remove the large vase though.
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 anni fa
    What a gorgeous mirror! I think if you hung it on the wall, it would make the room seem larger. When it's leaning on in angle, you don't quite get this effect.
  • Brenda
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    my first reaction is "hang it" ... but I kinda wanna see it placed vertical, off center, and leaning ...

did you paint your buffet or buy it that way?
    Chris ha ringraziato Brenda
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    My gut was hang it -- I had a carpenter who hasn't come back yet and I am kind of getting used to it leaning, but granite I was thinking along the lines of what you said -- it might make the room seem bigger. I love my vase so I wont be removing that I specifically bought it for that chest - maybe if I hung the mirror it would look better in front of it. This room was completely re-done and I removed the top hutch portion, had the chest sanded and painted BM Temptation. I also found the grating and pulls at Home Depot and put those on. It's a new chest!
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 anni fa
    WOW! It looks amazing!!
    Chris ha ringraziato Granite Grannies
  • mintygreenlove
    10 anni fa
    hang it. Pretty mirror.
    Chris ha ringraziato mintygreenlove
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Brenda I don't think it would look right vertical - reason is the sides of the mirror have this trellis pattern - maybe you can see it better in this pic
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Liking that suggestion Zen -- not too high but just enough. This first picture was kind of an inspiration for me - I couldn't afford to get new furniture but I'm very happy with the way the makeover turned out and I didn't have to buy new furniture.
  • PRO
    Rose Capital Realty, Inc
    10 anni fa
    Love your choices in buffet and gorgeous mirror. I recommend hanging the mirror, moving the vase and adding lamps. I like symmetry, so I tend to like matching lamps at each end of the mirror. Like the silver tray in the center.
    Chris ha ringraziato Rose Capital Realty, Inc
  • groveraxle
    10 anni fa
    I love the vase with the mirror. It has an understated elegance. I would definitely hang it, a hair below the halfway point between the top of the buffet and end of the vertical molding.
    Chris ha ringraziato groveraxle
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Mount it to the back of the cabinet. Just slightly above the top. They make hardware for that.
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thanks grove! I really love this vase with the mirror and the antique silver tray and glassware on it. I think lamps would over power the space honestly and I don't need the light. I have a small lamp on the other console table and the chandelier is on a dimmer which is just right.
  • Megan Beaver
    10 anni fa
    I think it would be wise to hang it, it will give a more finished look. Don't know the age of your home but what if you did it similar to hanging with picture molding where you see the wire coming down? Thought that could help get around the molding on the walls.
    Chris ha ringraziato Megan Beaver
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I think I can hang it on the molding ok -- I have a great carpenter who I have to get to come back to do it and anchor it correctly. the house is 1912 -- I don't think the upper ledge has that space for hanging pictures
  • Ann
    10 anni fa
    I also love the vase with the mirror. I'd hang it so the bottom is about 6" above the chest or centered in the space formed by the top of the chest and the top of the vertical portion of the wall boards.
    Chris ha ringraziato Ann
  • Chris
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thanks Ann -- that sounds like the perfect plan to me!
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    I would hang it, too, and then just leave everything like you have it. What a beautiful area! LOTS of love and thought in your room!
    Chris ha ringraziato abbyjean
  • Chem K
    10 anni fa
    Yes, hang the mirror. Love the accessories on the buffet too!
    Chris ha ringraziato Chem K
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".