Houzz Logo Print
webuser_58867048

Backsplash suggestions to coordinate with Cambria Praa Sands, please!

L White
4 anni fa

Good afternoon! We have finalized cabinets (all "midnight blue"), range hood, hardware (nearly there, definitely doing aged brass) and appliances. We LOVE Cambria's Praa Sands and want to do it on all countertop surfaces. We are struggling with what sort of backsplash we might do with it it-- we want to do something simple, but don't want to do white because it would be white-on-white with the hood. Any suggestions?? I've seen some Praa Sands clashing and want to avoid that! Walls in the rest of the kitchen will be white, for context, and we haven't yet decided pendants but will do two medium sized ones. Thanks for your input!

Commenti (21)

• damiarain
    4 anni fa

It looks like white tile wouldn't necessarily be right next to the hood - since there is the wood trim along the bottom. Since you'll have strong cabinet color + a busy (& beautiful) counter top, I would lean heavily towards a very light, white-ish backsplash.

Is it possible for you to (a) take a sample of the counter to various tile shops to start comparing? and (b) wait until everything is installed so you can evaluate tile color in your actual kitchen?

• L White
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

OP here: we'd like to continue the backsplash up the wall, so that it will go behind the hood to the ceiling. Thank you for your ideas!

• PRO
    Mandeville Canyon Designs
    4 anni fa

I would suggest pulling out one of the lesser seen colors in the Cambria as long as it doesn't clash with other colors in the cabinetry or room. A simple glass subway tile in Taupe would be classic and allow you to play around with the blues in accessories.

Taupe Glass Tile

• mcoledesign
    4 anni fa

Daltile Modern Dimensions has several colors & sizes that match your top that would work well.

love the wave tile!

https://digitalassets.daltile.com/content/dam/Daltile/website/resources/products/sales-sheets/modern-dimensions/DAL_ModernDimensions_SS.pdf

• K R
    4 anni fa

I think I’d stick with white...just make sure it’s the same white as in the counters. Pretty counters!!! I love all the colors. Make sure to post pics when done.

• User
    4 anni fa

I vote white, I don’t think it will be a problem with the hood at all.. Great choices you’ve made. It’s going to be beautiful.

• PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    4 anni fa

I think you should go with white backsplash and, if possible, with the same white you have in the countertop. Have you considered maybe choosing another quartz option from Cambria for this purpose? Not sure about their options, but maybe they have something that would match the countertop and it would be so easy to clean that backsplash (no grouts to clean!). Another idea is to take a sample of your countertop to your local tile shops and compare/find the tile that goes best with it. God luck!

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    4 anni fa

A white or taupe backsplash might work best with the countertops, cabinet color, and hood color.

Luxury Open-Concept Kitchen Remodel · Maggiori informazioni

• seregiel
    4 anni fa

Can you just make your slab into a backsplash too instead of adding another material? If you are committed to all of those other elements it would be a show stopping solution if budget allowed. White on white could blend the hood in but on my screen the hood white doesn’t match the counter white so that would be problematic for a tile. I think beige would look one element too many. Maybe embrace the grey veining instead because it would go with the navy base....but people say grey trend is out (not that I think anything should be there due to trend!).

• L White
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

OP back! The tile that Mandeville Canyon Designs posted is unquestionably beautiful and would pull the taupe out of the praa sands so well, but I am having difficulty getting over the fact that there would be a new color and straight grout lines above my swirly praa sands counters. I've asked for a quote on praa sands everything (counters and backsplash up to ceiling behind hood), which MAY be in the budget. If it is in the budget, it might be too much praa sands... still thinking on that. Will report back!

• Gcubed
    4 anni fa

The countertop material as back splash would be beautiful (but double check that the white of your hood won't clash with the white of the quartz- since the hood would be up against it). The taupe tiles with a very thin grout would work (or maybe larger tiles).

• ILoveRed
    4 anni fa

Quartz can’t be used behind rangetop. Heat can damage it.

• L White
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

ILoveRed are you sure? Cambria seems to feature its product being used as a backsplash: https://refineanddefine.cambriausa.com/cambria-not-just-for-countertops-kitchen-backsplash-ideas/

• L White
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Also, here is a straight-on view of the backsplash (wrong hood):

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

absolutely wait until everything is installed, but you're not relegated to using white or taupe.

Since your cabs a a beautiful midnight blue, I'd wait until it's done so you can judge how the lighting will affect the backsplash. You decide to do an iridescent type of glass just so you can reflect some light.

have you thought about some blue tones? either very dark, or a light blue gray.

I've attached some diff colors next to your countertop selection

The 4 small glass squares is only for color (they come in subway tile shapes). It's Casa California and they have many diff tones in their glass tile. that one is more of a taupe tone.

here's your countertop (with white cabs) w/white subways.

• ILoveRed
    4 anni fa

L.White...per SW..it should not be done. I would not do it. but you must of course do what is right for you.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5347422/quartz-slab-backsplash-ideas

• Amanda Abbott
    3 anni fa

@LWhite Can you post some pics of final product?

• L White
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Sure thing! We did not end up going with taupe, hah. Cambria's Praa Sands has a really gorgeous pale seaglass green color running through it. We chose glass times of the same color, with a gray-taupe grout ("delorean," ha), for a backsplash. Here is a link to the tiles we used: https://tilebar.com/loft-aspen-aura-2x8-polished-glass-tiles.html. We love the way it turned out! The tiles really bring out the seaglass green in the Cambria.

• ram123
    3 anni fa

That is stunning and so fresh !!!

• Amanda Abbott
    3 anni fa

this is absolutely beautiful! can you post more pics of your cabinets too?

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".