Houzz Logo Print
gillis95

Rug size under queen bed? Show your 5x7 and 6x9 rugs in small rooms

gillis95
4 anni fa

Seems like all the google suggestions say I must do 8x10 but I'm thinking that's too big for this room. I don't have room dimensions - cottage we are heading to for some updates (woohoo working vacation). This is a queen size bed. We've already added an iron look headboard. Under that tan rug is a "vent" that opens straight into the kitchen - like you can look down onto the stove. He'd like to cover it at night but should these kind of vents not be covered permanently? Guess he can just set something on it at night. Was considering having the rug go to the wall but then with the other door in the 2nd pic (to another room and back stairs) it would stick out in front of the door which might look weird. I'm leaning toward the 5x7.5 size, that would give about 18" around if placed under the bottom half of bed. Would 6x9 be too big?

The bed is not really centered in this photo

Commenti (8)

• jck910
    4 anni fa

IMO the point of the rug is to have something to step on when getting out of the bed. I would have a piece of carpet cut and bound that is 36" wider than the bed and for the length measure from the front legs of the night stand to 18" longer than the bed

• Gcubed
    4 anni fa

I agree that the rug needs to be there when stepping out of the bed. We chose not to do a larger rug under out bed but put 2 matching shag tugs on either side. The perfect texture to step onto in the morning. Not sure how much room you have, but if you don't want to do a larger rug/bound carpet, then you could do runners on either side. It may not be as polished a look (though it works well for us), but it's functional and affordable.

gillis95 ha ringraziato Gcubed
  • justlol
    4 anni fa

I have a 14x14 bedroom with an angled doorway. I have a 7x10 carpet on the floor. I ended up angling the carpet under the bed in order to get it to fit without covering up the heat vent or hanging out the door. I didn't really care if I stepped onto it when getting out of bed. I just wanted it in my bedroom. Lol.

• justlol
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Get yourself some blue painters tape and tape out the rug sizes on your floor. That will give you a good visual.

• njmomma
    4 anni fa

modern ranch · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
  • gillis95
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Tried to edit my original post but kept getting errors.

The problem with all the "DO" rules is my room is irregular in that where the bed is is only 9'6" wide therefore the rule of the big rug is out the window - which my husband says was created and pushed by the rug industry to make you buy the more expensive rug LOL. So I'm stuck with....

8x10 - if I turn the rug 'long ways' and fit all the way up to the headboard would leave about 9" of bare floor on the sides, stick out 3' past the foot of the bed (which is fine) and cause uneven nightstands likely to adjust, could stick felt pads under the 2 legs.

6.5x9 - would leave only 3" bare floor each side basically filling that space, leaving the nightstands free.

5x7.5 - would leave ~15" sticking out, enough to put your feet on but hardly enought to see the rug I love.

May have to find another location for this rug and stick w the runners. We have limited time there as it's a vacation property we're trying to fix up to rent and wanted to have things pre-purchased. Wayfair has some fast shipping so may have to just wait and map it out w the tape.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".