Houzz Logo Print
brittcharbonneau

help!!! decor for from of house

Britt
4 anni fa

How do we make this redone old farm house look better from the front ??

Commenti (11)

• grapefruit1_ar
    4 anni fa

I would replace that black metal railing with a white wood/wood look railing.

• njmomma
    4 anni fa

Not a Pro.

I would paint the railing white. either paint the front door a great color or replace it.

Landscaping is key here.

• PRO
    Mandeville Canyon Designs
    4 anni fa

I would start with some fun shutters and window boxes. If you are handy, there are plenty of DIY ideas on line. Be careful to scale them smaller on either side of the sconces. Because your red roof is such a prominent feature, I think adding more wood in would really help. If there is money in the budget, I would also replace the door with a natural wood door. Perhaps Fir or both the windows and door.

Another idea would be to use a stacked stone veneer below the siding line. A sweet white railing would tie in the white trim and a few inexpensive side sconces will complete the look!

Tame the shrubs in the front and add some locally grow perennials for color. Good Luck!

Hinkley Outdoor Light

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Bel Air Lighting CB-40750 BK 12.5" 1 Light Oxford Wall Lantern-Down Small In Black Finish

from Walmart $49

• arch123
    4 anni fa

Maybe change the color of the door and trim - more contrast with the tan on the house. Maybe a darker tan or brown or green that might also work with the roof.

• threers
    4 anni fa

Paint the front door your favorite color....nice and bright.

• J J
    4 anni fa

following

• l pinkmountain
    4 anni fa

I'd pick a material for the front stoop. Either change the pillars to metal that match the railing, or change the railing to while . . . looks like that might be plastic or maybe wood. Or, easy peasy paint the railings white. I'd also paint the door and maybe the trim a contrasting color, something that goes with the roof . . .

• calidesign
    4 anni fa

I would paint the front door a glossy black, and add to your landscaping on both sides of the porch.

• loobab
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

I would skip shutters because they won't fit on the window closest to the door on the right and wouldn't look right on the skinny window on the left.

And although I love window boxes, having them below the windows to the right of the door would just accent the asymmetry of the skinny little window on the left of the door.

I do agree with getting rid of those spindly black metal railings and getting beefier white ones . Either wood or perhaps weather resistant vinyl ones.

And landscape, landscape, landscape.

Bushes, bushy plants of differing heights and textures, things with color. Some flowering plants, too.

If there is room at the top landing, some things in a pot. Or a pot on each side if there is space.

And over the door on that whatchamacallit, the portico?, the house number really big, 'cause it drives me nuts when I can't see the house number. Or maybe you could put it to the left of that skinny little window to the left of the door to give some visual balance to the two windows on the right?

Oh yeah, and invite Dig Doug Dig Doug's Designs to give you some ideas how to gussy up the house for real.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".