Houzz Logo Print
sue_peterson2

Tile and Wood Combination in Open Concept Great Room

Sue Peterson
4 anni fa

We have an open concept great room -- entry, kitchen, dining area, and living area. Currently the dining and living areas are carpeted and everything else is tile. My husband wants to change out the carpet for wood and I can't envision this combination. I feel like the space will no longer flow and worry about the transitions between the tile and wood. I would love to redo all in wood but not an option now.

Any thoughts?

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    4 anni fa

With the good installer, yes, it certainly can work. That said, I would remove the rug and do a vinyl look wood for now. Down the road, should you want to go all wood, matching wood installed now would be a nightmare.

There are some fantastic vinyl wood looks, so use it for now.

• PRO
    Toronto Designers
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

You will love the wood. So clean and easy. If you get planks, you can either get the rest for the tiled area now, or you can be sure the wood you get can be sanded and when you can change the tiles, you can sand the wood and have it all match. That said you may even just go for a different tile down the road. But tile next to wood is nice so not to worry. It's done often at entries.

Just a reminder the darker the floor you go with, the more you will see the dust.

Good luck!

• smil101
    4 anni fa

My current home has a tile very similar to yours and hardwood. They work well together. I think you will like it better than the tile and carpet combo.
    Like you, my preference would be all hardwood, but this was what was here when I moved in and changing it can wait for another day.

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    4 anni fa

go to my page, idea books new build gave you will see tile in the foyer &kitchen, then wood in the great room/dinning room.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".