Houzz Logo Print
thibault22

counter and backsplash tile to go with existing floor?

thibault22
4 anni fa
Ultima modifica:4 anni fa

We had originally wanted to use the following in our kitchen:

- natural white oak wood flooring

- Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo counter

- herringbone Calacatta marble backsplash

- bright white cabinets

To save some time, money, and agony, we're leaning toward keeping the existing ceramic tile in the kitchen. We'll still be spraying the cabinets in (off-) white paint and replacing the backsplash and countertops.

I'm not sure whether the originally planned counter and backsplash white tones will look good with the tone of the floor tile.

What Caesarstone counter color and backsplash tile finish/color would you suggest that would go well with the existing floor tile? And white paint color for the cabinets?

Commenti (8)

• iamtiramisu
    4 anni fa

Those floors are awful pink (on my screen anyway) and are going to limit your options and boss the other choices around. Don’t be pennywise and pound foolish.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 anni fa

The cabinets look good, the countertop and splash work well together. The floor looks cheap and out of place with what you have and what you want. The floor should go first, then make changes as you can afford them. If it were me, no way would I spend the money and effort to paint those cabinets and switch to fake marble at the tail end of the trend. And if you go ahead with your plan, as a rule, unless the stone matches the counter, then you do not use two stones, much the less fake marble and real marble. So counter is Caesarstone xyz, you get the same for backsplash. With natural stone you can match with slabs or tiles made of the stone.

For maximum impact with minimal spend, Glacier White Corian married with Carrara subway works wonderfully well. Google images and you will see. I can't post pics when I am on mobile device, sorry.

Good luck.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 anni fa

PS As a rule does not mean someone as not pulled it off. It's a rule of thumb. Not a law.

• Sammie J
    4 anni fa

i would also start with the floor. it is the most dated part of the kitchen. if you keep it, you'll have to make sure all the other finishes go with pinky-beige and it will really limit your choices.

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    4 anni fa

I agree with the others; those floors are the weakest part of that design. Don't keep them if you're planning all that renovation; they will always look somewhat off.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    4 anni fa

Also in agreement with everyone else. The floors are the problem spot. No point in fixing everything else but leaving the real issue untouched. Upgrading the other elements is only going to highlight the old floor even more. Save until you can do it all.

• PRO
    Jenni Leasia Interior Design
    4 anni fa

We agree with the above comments. We would redo all of it, or wait until you have the money to fix the floors as well. It would just hurt whatever design you ended up doing to keep them. Here are a few kitchen ideas we have done for clients. Note the flooring as well.

Riverfront · Maggiori informazioni

Lake Oswego Custom Home · Maggiori informazioni

Breyman Kitchen · Maggiori informazioni

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".