Houzz Logo Print
senarogersny

Island dimensions

senarogersny
5 anni fa
Hello,
Beautiful design. Would you be able to share the island dimensions and placement of cooktop. I am at final stages of a similar design except with a t- shape to allow for eating area table. I decided to put the sink on the side to allow for more prep area. Trying to decide if I should go from 42” width to 52” to allow for more prep area near sink. But i am afraid it will look bulky. Thank you
Burnaby Capitol Hill Residence · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Tanya Schoenroth Design
    5 anni fa

Hi there! I would suggest that if you have the space (room for foot traffic passing by bar stools and the island would not be hanging out too far into an adjacent area) AND the slab size is big enough, that 52" is fine. I think the more space is better if you're combining eating + work space and it will only look bulky if the overall size of the island is too large for the rest of the kitchen. It would ideally line up with or be inside the line of the surrounding cabinetry areas.

This island is 10' long x 56" wide. Most quartz composite slabs are approximately 10' long by 5' wide, so you need to check the dimensions of your selected product and design your island size accordingly if you don't want a joint anywhere on the countertop. Some specific products do come in 'super slab' size, which is usually about 12"longer.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".