Houzz Logo Print
indranie_rawatt

bathroom tile advice

inds
5 anni fa

hello we are renovating bathroom which has bath shower and a bath tub. one tile that i definitely wud like is a marble effect tile. can you recommend any combination. having marble tile all over may look a bit too much i think. current bath room pic . we wil be mobing shower to one corner and in plave if that a wc wud sit.

Commenti (23)

• PRO
    User
    5 anni fa

What colour marble do you have in mind?

• Tani H-S
    5 anni fa
    We did this in our last house if that helps. Just marbled the shower and adjoining wall and the floor and up the side of the bath. Painted the other walls
  • Carolina
    5 anni fa

Marble goes with a lot of things. A wood look tile for example will add warmth.

• rinked
    5 anni fa

So many options! :)

The Lalley · Maggiori informazioni

Dupont Circle Guest Bath · Maggiori informazioni

• inds
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    hi...white marble with grey lines..std i think
  • PRO
    The London Tile Co.
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Marble effect tiles actually work really well on both walls and floors. This is a larger bathroom but the light colouring is also great for smaller spaces.

Calacatta Marble Effect Bathroom Tiles · Maggiori informazioni

• inds
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    i plan to use it with metro brick tiles light grey..
  • inds
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

another issue that i have is that our installer has quoted us only for ceramic tiles on walls. Its so difficult to find a ceramic gloss marble effect tile for walls. Anyone has any idea ? so far i have option of using a carrara gloss porcelain on floor and a similar design matt tile on wall. These matt ones though called matt are sugar glazed so have fair bit of shine .Would you advise to go ahead with this floor wall combination. In honestly i really wanted gloss finish all over.

• rinked
    5 anni fa

Don't use gloss on your floor. Use non slip floortiles.

• Carolina
    5 anni fa
    Look at this bathroom, somewhere in the comments they mention which tiles they’ve used https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/bathroom-before-and-after-dsvw-vd~5478309
  • inds
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    hello i finally found a tile however the lenth seems quite a lot fir a wall tile 33.2 * 120.8 cms . would you recommend using such bug tiles on wall
  • PRO
    Brandler London
    5 anni fa

Inds, one thing that you need to think about is how you deal with the "external" corners.

Forgetting this is a common mistake and means that the edge of the tile on one side or the other is exposed and this often leads to an ugly detail. With natural marble the option is often to mitre these edges and then lightly grind off the sharp edge to protect the stone. This is not n option with ceramic or porcelain tiles.

I would try and find a tile that offers porcelain or ceramic trims which give a nice neat edge detail such as https://www.architecturalceramics.com/bianco-carrara-5225

If these trims are outside of your budget then there are a variety of stainless steel, aluminium or plastic options available, but ask the question of your tile supplier.

Best of luck with your project.

• PRO
    User
    5 anni fa
    Marble tile goes really well with a dark stone effect tile. It creates a contemporary contrast which will give your bathroom an elegant, fresh look. We suggest glossy tiles for the walls and matt, textured tiles for the floors, so that they are slip ressistant. Complement this style with black taps/shower and it will look like a bathroom out of a magazine. You can find nice marble/stone tiles on the links below. Good luck with your renovation!

https://www.designangels.co.uk/product-page/capao-dark-grey-slate-floor-anti-slip-tile
    https://www.designangels.co.uk/product-page/glossy-white-marble-effect-anti-slip-tile
  • PRO
    At No 19
    5 anni fa

i wouldn‘t worry about using large format high gloss marble effect porcelain tiles all over, it can look very smart. You can accessorise with whatever colour you wish. Tilers will charge more for porcelain but you’re probably only going to do it once, so, if budget allows go for it! Chrome trim also works well. i did the bathroom in these photographs in a very small retirement apartment.

Bijou Retirement Apartment · Maggiori informazioni

Bijou Retirement Apartment · Maggiori informazioni

• inds
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    thanks all.. work starts tomorrow. fingers croased everything will be fine.
  • inds
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa
    @atno19 what colors and matetial trims dod u use with these tiles ?
  • PRO
    At No 19
    4 anni fa

Hi - we always use square profile chrome tile trim with mitred corners. It looks elegant and picks up the chrome on shower valves, taps etc. Hope that helps.

• inds
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

so far so good....like the combination eventually...

• inds
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

so the bathrooms is ready and I love it.. I think radiators turned out quite big for what we wanted but ....thanks to all your comments.

• Carolina
    4 anni fa

Beautiful!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".