Houzz Logo Print
helenbewick

Decking - worth splashing out?

Helen B
5 anni fa
Woken up very sore this morning after spending this weekend building a deck frame to tidy up our garden ready for selling.
Question is, is it worth splashing out on hardwood decking or should we just get the standard Travis Perkins decking saving about £1k. We are planning to sell this summer.

Does a stain exist that can make cheap decking look more expensive? Many thanks!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Christine Wilkie Garden Design
    5 anni fa

Hello Helen. As you are looking to sell your property, then going for the most cost-effective decking makes the best sense. That being said, if on your next project you are looking for something with longevity, then I'd say it's definitely worth considering the range of composite decking products out there. They have great benefits over wood: slip- and algae-resistant to name but two. Here's one we made earlier!

• Daisy England
    5 anni fa

Timber decking requires maintenance and these days people don’t have time to maintain things. Composite and cost effective.

• Helen B
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Due to various level changes in the garden we have to do something to make the space more useable but take all your comments on board - thank you.
  • embzop
    5 anni fa

I have decking and staining does make it look better and prevents it being slippery when wet, however, the last time I bought decking I had instructions not to stain it for 6 months therefore it may not be an option for you.

• Sven
    5 anni fa

A dark grey stain/paint would look far more expensive than it is and will help preserve the deck for some time.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".