Houzz Logo Print
webuser_503245024

Help! With cabinet and wall color for kitchen redo.

Lala
5 anni fa

Have a nice size kitchen I am updating. New counters with Karis LG quartz and Blanco quartz sink in cinder. However kitchen is in middle of house does not get a lot of natural light (although looks into a room with a lot of light) light is mainly from over island and indirects . Surrounding 2 rooms get a lot of light, The 2 surrounding rooms are BM Sherwood Tan and whole house is SW extra white trim and is family room cabinetry. I am afraid cabinets repainted in SW extra white will be do “cold” in the kitchen and am struggling with wall paint color. I like the idea of black cabinets but I have a lot of cabinets. the middle pix is best representation with only island light on mid morning.

Commenti (12)

• salonva
    5 anni fa

I notice there are recessed lights that are not on. I think I would probably use them more. In the first photo I actually thought the cabinets were wood colored like a maple. Now I realize it's the (lack of ) lighting. Very hard to judge. I guess if you are saying you will not likely use more lights than the island light, I am not sure how to tell what would look right.

• Lala
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Sina sadeddin ....I am uploading new pix with all lights on! the cooktop is downdraft as the new one will be. Salonva...yes they are Maple cabinets.

Does this help at all....it is hard to photograph

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    5 anni fa

Okay the new pictures helped. Some more info is needed though

1- are you going to paint the cabinets?

2- how old are the cabinets?

3- Are you happy with the layout?

I ask because there's no point in investing in new countertops if you're unhappy with the cabinet arrangement. Also, professionally painted cabinets are nearly as much as new ones so if you were unhappy it might be the time to change.

• Lala
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Yes we are painting them. They are maple and drawers are well made. Not sure how old they are guessing 10 (age of house) . I like the arrangement of the kitchen cabnets and I am just looking just to update kitchen by painting cabinets and replacing counter top ( corian tops I dislike as well as wall color—teal like). Have quote for painting cabinets, new cooktop and sink, and new countertops. Will probably replace Island light. Just looking for a “refresh “ within my budget.

• PRO
    Suzette Sherman Design
    5 anni fa

You have some interesting colors on the walls. These combined with your kitchen counter top color provides a very interesting opportunity of a color out of the ordinary. If it were my job I would sit in the kitchen and pull out the large BM books of colors (not tiny chips) in the complementary color range. I'd tape options on the cabinets to see how they look in your light and situation. Every color looks different in every single home. As many as 15 options. Live with them for a few days and then come back fresh and cull down to 4. Then order the big samples of each to then live with again. Why go down the usual route of white or black when you are going to paint them and can do any color under the sun. What an opportunity! I see a very sophisticated monochromatic scheme of sorts that would make your kitchen unique, pull all the colors together and result in magic you will love and your friends can't help but comment on.

Lala ha ringraziato Suzette Sherman Design
  • Susie .
    5 anni fa
    Is this your countertop? My best advice is that you see how paint looks with the countertop. Easiest choice is Extra White as long as it doesn’t clash with the counter. It is a white white. However, you’ve got nice wood floors and if it works with the countertop, that’s your best bet for a white (matches, trim and existing cabinets). If it doesn’t work with the counter, think about your other options. I understand you want a bright kitchen, but maybe a light gray is better with the cabinets, or a different color. The countertops seem to have some pink in them (could be my iPad - in person is best view). I wouldn’t do black if you think the room is dark now.

http://www.lgviaterausa.com/content/com.LG.products.Product/222/Karis-600x600.jpg
  • Lala
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Suzette Sherman I have ordered 12x12 samples from Samplize and am driving myself crazy...and yes I am considering gray Cabinets. Is there any particular BM gray you would suggest? Thanks!

Susie- yes that is my countertop (not yet installed in photos). Do you have a grey cabinet or wall suggestion?

thanks!

• Susie .
    5 anni fa
    No gray suggestion. My first choice would be white - the same white as your trim. If it works with your countertop, I don’t think it will look too cold, because you’ve already got it all over the adjoining room. If it doesn’t look good with the countertop, then reevaluate. Really need to see a painted door next to the countertop - that’s the best way to decide. If you go creamier white, then it may look yellow against your trim. I don’t want to send you down a rabbit hole with a gray option unless extra white doesn’t work. Another option is to go white on perimeter and dark on the island. You mentioned you like black. Or you could go dark with stain or another color to break up the white.
  • Lala
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you Susie! ....I tend to agree. Here is pix with counter sample next to SW extra white family room cabinet ( but that room has good natural light)

When countertop goes in it Will be easier to evaluate the white for cabinets. And would love to do island dark ....BM deep space if go white cabinets. Putting a walnut top on cutout from kitchen to family rm to “warm it up” too.

• Susie .
    5 anni fa
    I think they look great together! Here’s an idea, pop off a door from your existing cabinet and take it into the kitchen to see how it looks in that light. I’m guessing it won’t change much, but let’s see.
  • Lala
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

That’s a great idea...why didn’t I think of that!!!??

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".