Houzz Logo Print
aroy11462

Ducted Mini Split HVAC System - New Construction

Amit R
5 anni fa

I am considering a ducted mini split system for a 5,000 square foot home we are building. It would include a Fujitsu 5 ton VRF system for the great room and guest room, a Fujitsu 4 ton Halcyon system for two bedrooms and bonus room, and a Fujitsu 3 ton Halcyon system for the two bedrooms upstairs. Our system will be ducted except for one ceiling cartridge for a home gym. So no wall units.

My basic understanding is that this will allow for great efficiency with eight zones through out the home. I have never experienced a mini split system in a home before. I like the idea of it being more efficient and having several zones we can control through out the home. I am a little worried about how it does as far air flow when it comes to cooling in the summer heat. It gets very hot where i live in the summer. Is this an issue at all? Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated.

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Estudio Peralez - Residential Design
    5 anni fa

I wouldn't be too concerned about the cooling system itself but rather the quality of the insulating properties of your windows (glass), walls, floors and roof. Imagine setting a Yeti cooler and an Igloo cooler side-by-side outside under the hot sun for a few days. Both cooler brands are capable of holding ice just fine. Although, which brand will keep the ice from melting the longest? It comes down to the quality of the insulation and the seal itself, where cold air can escape and hot air can enter. Yes, the Yeti cooler will usually cost two to three times more than the Igloo brand. The same goes for your choice in windows. You will pay for more up front for the higher-end windows but you should save even more in the long run when it comes down to cooling costs. Just my opinion and no bias here. I own both a Yeti and Igloo and put them to work regularly. Congratulations on your new home!

Saludos,

Ernesto P.

• sktn77a
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

In a house that large, why aren't you considering a traditional ducted split system?

• mike_home
    5 anni fa

Is natural gas available? If it is then you may have better options than ducted mini splits.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".