Houzz Logo Print
lisapoi

I need help choosing a paint colour for the whole house.

lisapoi
5 anni fa

We are preparing our parents home for sale. It will be largely empty wHen we sell it. It is a 1750 square foot back split, built in 1965. It has honey oak floors in good condition, and birch slab doors also in good condition. The whole house needs to be painted.

Can someone suggest a soothing, “modern” neutral colour that we could use to paint the entire house? There’s so many beiges and off whites out there that it’s hard to know what to pick.

Commenti (6)

• K R
    5 anni fa
    Check out Accessible Beige (Sherwin Williams), it’s one of those colors that goes with everything and every style.
  • PRO
    David J. Design Inc.
    5 anni fa

Here are a few and they are all Benjamin Moore. Have a look at Grey Owl. It is very soft and light and has a slight green color in it but is mainly a nice light grey. Also in the grey colors are Cement Grey and Stormy Monday. These are both warm greys so they look great and are easy to live with. Stormy Monday is darker so I would just use it on a few walls to add interest. In the beige tones you could try Abalone, Revere Pewter or Balboa Mist. What I always do is pick up the test cans which the paint store sells and buy some test cards. The test cards are 1 x 1 foot cards which are meant to paint each color on that you are looking at. You take the test cards to the house and see how the colors look in the different rooms. Good luck

• PRO
    Kat & Co. Interiors
    5 anni fa

Hi Lisa,

Consider the market that you are trying to appeal to. Is this area being bought up by empty nesters? Are young families gobbling it up for the education district? Actually format a buyer profile and cater you decisions to that. If it's an older market, I recommend staying away from grey undertone colours. These colours can appear more bleak and drab to oder eyes.

Being as the home has honey oak floors, my go to recommendation for clients with similar floors is Benjamin Moore's Balboa Mist. It is modern, fresh and is neutral enough to go with everything.

Will you be painting the trim? Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace is a trim favourite of mine. It has enough of a blue undertone to make the white pop and looks lovely when paired with Balboa Mist. (don't let the blue reference scare you, it's a trained eye thing)

Good Luck & Happy Painting!

Balboa Mist 1549 OC-27

Chantilly Lace 2121-70 OC-65

• lisapoi
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you, everyone! This gives me a good start!

• emmarene9
    5 anni fa

BM White Down. I would not use any kind of gray. You might look at Edgecomb Gray which is actually closer to a muddy beige.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".