Houzz Logo Print
izzykunert

Art Dilema!!!!!

izzykunert
5 anni fa

What kind of art would compliment these busy patterned chairs and rug?

Commenti (23)

• PRO
    Beth Hansen, @ Ethan Allen, Omaha NE
    5 anni fa

round decorative mirror- about 42".

• atromper
    5 anni fa
    Instead of art, how about getting a table lamp? Pull the chairs away from the table a bit, and at a slight angle. And away from the wall. Use the floor lamp elsewhere. Then reevaluate and see if you need art in that space. You’ve got a lot going on with the chair, rug, and curtain patterns. The new chairs are nice but I’m kind of getting a waiting room vibe with the current layout.
  • PRO
  • daniellemcguckin
    5 anni fa
    I was thinking something Art Deco. Perhaps a large vintage advertisement? Bally? Vermouth? Something dark and dramatic!
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5 anni fa

Something neutral

• PRO
    Michael O'Brien-BoConcept San Jose / San Francisco
    5 anni fa

Suggestion from BoConcept-

• Kendrah
    5 anni fa

Beverly to the rescue. Think her mock up looks great. The green pops making the print on the chairs recede into the background and not look so busy.

It would be useful to see pic of other sides of the room though to make the best suggestion.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 anni fa

This is not the spot for a vintage poster.

• Wrong shape
    • You have a soft color scheme and in this case the black advertisement is not working.
    • Did I say WRONG SHAPE

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 anni fa

I like the botanical prints I think they suit the space and please no posters in this very elegant room

• leelee
    5 anni fa

There's something about this space with the two chairs that doesn't look right. I'd like to see the rest of the area and how this relates.

At the very least the chairs should be angled toward each other as if people sitting in them might talk.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    5 anni fa

Maybe one of these original artworks would add some texture and contrast to your wall. Here are some ideas to ponder. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

Lord Krishan · Maggiori informazioni

Frida Kahlo Portrait · Maggiori informazioni

Geometric painting · Maggiori informazioni

new abstract art · Maggiori informazioni

• tatts
    5 anni fa

Don't put a mirror there unless it reflects something worth seeing. If it just reflects a bare wall/ceiling/kitchen cabinets, it shouldn't be there.

• Laurie Tillett
    5 anni fa
    Nice chairs....is that a tag still on the one on the left? There’s just something “off” about this grouping, and I think its the table in between the chairs. Its too heavy. You need something “lighter” in scale and maybe round to offset the squareness of the chairs and their pattern. Also, too much stuff on top of the table. Everything looks too squished....can you move the chairs over some so there’s room in between them and whatever table goes there?
  • leelee
    5 anni fa

Good eye Laurie T. I think I see a tag on both chairs now that you mentioned it.

I agree with the table. Scrolly legs are not working with the sleek chairs.

I'm also questioning the rug size and position.

Where is the rest of the room? Sofa?

• leelee
    5 anni fa

More pictures. Where's the sofa? What do the chairs face?

• groveraxle
    5 anni fa

Leelee, there is a second photo in the original dilemma that shows a little more of the room. It's next to the kitchen and there appears to be a piano on the wall perpendicular to the chairs.

My take on the wall decor: it needs to be big and plain to counter the busyness of the rug and chairs. I agree that a simpler end table in the center would work better.

• lshack17
    5 anni fa
    The mirror is my favorite. Adds a touch of glam to that elegant room, and tones down the other busy elements.
  • groveraxle
    5 anni fa

Some art suggestions and a new table:

• leelee
    5 anni fa

Grover, thanks for that. I'll check it out.

• atromper
    5 anni fa
    So what does the OP think of the suggestions?
  • knicetime
    5 anni fa

I am wondering the same thing atromper!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".