Houzz Logo Print
sikhdeep

Help with picking grout color for gray glass subway tile

Mona
5 anni fa

I've finally picked the backsplash tile and now need to pick the grout. Pictured here is the tile along with Warm Gray (left) and frost (right) Meipei grout. Any thoughts?

Commenti (5)

• rantontoo
    5 anni fa

Sometimes it is best to make that decision when the tile is on the wall.

Make sure your tile setter uses the correct mortor and color for glass tile...if he uses the wrong material, the color of your glass tile may look different.

• Mona
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks rantontoo. Do you have a recommendation on mortor and color for glass tile? I will run it by him.

• leelee
    5 anni fa

Yes, wait for tile to be installed but also pick a light color for behind the glass tile or they could change color.

It would also help you to be sure of your choice to get a several more of your tiles and place them against the wall. Then step back 8 feet and take another picture. Your tiles looks like a good choice but stand back as you would in a real kitchen as see how it looks.

• PRO
    Leo Dowell Designs
    5 anni fa

I may be the only one who tells you this, but you have to decide which one you want to notice more, the glass tile or the grout. I never play up the grout! So I match the color of the tile as close as possible. Clean, not busy and the right thing to do.

• tatts
    5 anni fa

I second Leo D's advice. I would also add that if you use a contrasting grout--no matter what the 2 colors are--it will highlight the least little imperfection in the tile job. Tread carefully.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".