Houzz Logo Print
mcarlak

It's your house! What exterior colors are you going with?

Carla Kemp
5 anni fa

You live in sunny California in an upcoming community called Baldwin Hills Vista.

Commenti (35)

• JustDoIt
    5 anni fa

I like Grover's #2.

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Something that pops in contrast , a little more bolder.

• Irene Morresey
    5 anni fa
    Seafoam green with raspberry red door
  • Irene Morresey
    5 anni fa
    To add to your landscaping perhaps
  • Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Awww, something I would have never thought of. Very lovely. Thank You!

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Question for you Irene... what color would you paint the gate? Do you think I could get away with Epresso on the gate, siding, chimney and gutters??? The porch in Seaform.

• queenvictorian
    5 anni fa

I'd go for a sunny yellow or that cute sea foam color (or similar blue). It's an adorable little house - needs a cheery color. A neutral would make it too drab, I think.

• groveraxle
    5 anni fa

Seafoam and raspberry:

Paint the downspouts the same color as the house.

• leelee
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Yes, the house might look better with another color of paint but the biggest impact would be to landscape.

Put a tall plant where the blank siding is on the left.

Pull out the beds and give their borders some gentle curves.

• Irene Morresey
    5 anni fa
    The pic groveraxle showed looks great. Agree with painting downpipes same colour as house
  • Irene Morresey
    5 anni fa
    Some more inspiration, such a cute house, you could have lots of fun with that
  • Erica Bradley - Pacheco
    5 anni fa

Black is where it's at!! Paint the window trim a greyish-brown and the front door a blue tone like some of the examples below. Maybe even a forest green.

Contemporary Omaga Flats House · Maggiori informazioni

Matakana House · Maggiori informazioni

2017 - Addition and Full Remodel · Maggiori informazioni

Black Is The New Farmhouse · Maggiori informazioni

MALIBU RESIDENCE · Maggiori informazioni

Corner Lot across from the Kleinpeter Restoration · Maggiori informazioni

Country Club Residence · Maggiori informazioni

• redoredone
    5 anni fa

Love the seafoam with touches of red / raspberry! You said it's in "sunny" California, so I like the fun colors for it. IMHO, black in a warm, sunny location looks hot and out of place.

• decoenthusiaste
    5 anni fa

Front Doors · Maggiori informazioni

Wiggins - Paradise Key - South Beach · Maggiori informazioni

These look suitably sunny!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

some other nice combos

for this one, I like the white on the stucco, gray siding, black trim, and any bold color for the door.

a little more mcm type of colors. w/this I'd do cedar wrapped porch posts and more of a natural color cedar gate.

and bring in some magenta bougainvillea

for your flower bed

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

I'm still working on a brighter one ;-) Any likes on these?

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

brighter?? those are not brighter! lol but I like the first one.

white, bold blue, black and white

don't forget, this is so cal. you can have beautiful colors in the landscaping.

some other combos

this is beautiful classic style. black/white w/your dark stained fence. do a bright door, and vibrant trees/flowers in the yard. (like the bougainvillea. those will stay bright year-round)
    and even if you went with a drought tolerant yard, you could make a cool walkway w/cement pavers,
    and bring in colorful succulents.
    and brightly colored pots. I love the agave color bungalow in this pic, above. some more plantings and ceramic containers, would be gorgeous.

there's a place at 190th and the Harbor freeway that has tons of these.

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks! I will be going the drought tolerant direction with the yard and I like the color of that house.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

I like the color too.

similar one w/the landscaping

it needs a bit of contrast tho. maybe do a cedar siding to bring in warmer wood tones. then just use the agave color, and an off white

#3 on your photo. also do the posts in the same wood tone.

creamy trim/fascia color.

for front door,,,,

more drought tolerant types of succulents.

• redsilver
    5 anni fa

Just paint the flower pots and the large side gate a pretty lilac or rose ----or soft dusty green may be best? color...You might paint the foundation like your porch floor & steps are? The color is not awful, it is just not a neon color. It is NOT needing the black gate or flower pots, that is what brings it down.... It could use some rose or aqua blue paint on the porch furniture, and, some than, some 2 tone or large hibiscus pattern or similar? color cushions, and maybe even some garden finials of various glass, whimsical designs<https://www.wayfair.com/keyword.php?keyword=stained+glass+garden+stakes>; beneath both side windows with some dusty sage lambs ear or similar soft plantings? https://www.marthastewart.com/275531/our-favorite-colors?slide=3399086 See, the person who painted the house, did not want to give it a color that one would tire of easily. It is a small lot, so they did not want a 'loud house' on it. They gave it a color that would let all other smaller color items stand out and be variably changed easier than the paint on the house is, with the seasons, holidays or mood of the new owner. It is the perfect color, sunshine, but not glaring, and loud. Durable paint, nice paint job, have some fun making it that whimsical cottage it can be having fun decorating it. Eventually, the paint may need to be redone, but the UV rays won't fade it as it would many other colors. You can paint it than, but using the colors in the MarthaStewart link above, you can see how many many shades and colors will look so pretty with it. It is the color of the sun, with sunshades on? and therefore all other colors will be enhanced by it's hue. I hope this helps you appreciate it.

• redsilver
    5 anni fa

The downspouts of the guttering should be the color they are in front of, they just chop up the walls even more, also. The home has a nice porch, the downspouts confuse the vision of the home and they don't need too.

• emmarene9
    5 anni fa

Looks like I thought the same as Carla.

Remove that scalloped trim above the porch.

Carla Kemp ha ringraziato emmarene9
  • J D
    5 anni fa

First thing I thought of. People might think it's boring...not sure

• J D
    5 anni fa
    I have to say I quite like the curved trim above the porch. It adds some interest
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

JD,,I like that. I'd like to see this cedar type of siding where the blue is

Along with some decent landscaping, it would look nice.

You could even stencil that front porch w/white on the black.

• PRO
    DESIGNWORTHY
    5 anni fa

I love a good slate blue, charcoal or black exterior with crisp white trim, warm honey wood tones (strip the fence?!) and a light blue/sage front door. However, since you are in sunny CA you may want to go lighter since dark colors absorb light (and can heat the house). Light colors reflect sunlight keeping you cooler. May be a very subtle difference in your AC bill, but worth knowing!

I still love this combo for your space though. Personally, I wouldn't accent the horizontal slats (even though it is SO tempting) because I think it will break up the consistency of your facade, creating a smaller looking home - I would save the accents for the gate/fence and front door. Just my opinion - good luck! Your home is gorgeous!!

Carla Kemp ha ringraziato DESIGNWORTHY
  • Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

I’m still at the drawing board. Funds are limited so changing out things isn’t a option. Was considering the siding as same color as stucco, but’s it’s a difficult move in that direction, feels like it should be different.

Love this blue but not the gate/siding color

• Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

• PRO
    DESIGNWORTHY
    5 anni fa

ooh that last one is my fave Carla!! So fresh and pretty!

• groveraxle
    5 anni fa

Not a fan of the two-tone look on this house; it chops it up too much. You could do dark trim with a lighter body color.

Carla Kemp ha ringraziato groveraxle
  • J D
    5 anni fa

Carla, that last one you rendered is by far my favorite of the ones you've considered. I think it's unique enough...I think you could go even lighter with the blue and purple colors too! Also I would consider Beth's suggestion for wood accents, it'll REALLY warm up the house and make it look so inviting IMO.

Carla Kemp ha ringraziato J D
  • Carla Kemp
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

I really do like the blue of the last render #4. I'm going to see how it looks with just one color for the siding/stucco. I want to keep the white trim. Changing the siding to cedar I don't want to do. Unsure now of the color for gate & porch and that purple door might be too girly. ;-) I'm liking groveraxle two options as well.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".