Houzz Logo Print
webuser_53840225

Worms in Collector Tray

Every day a dozen or so worms escape down into the collector tray, where they seem to bunch up in the corners in the puddles of drippings. I have tried to prevent this with a lining of weed stop fabric, but still a few make it down into the collector tray. Solutions please?
Can-O-Worms · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Tumbleweed Gardening
    5 anni fa

Hi There! Thanks for reaching out - I think I may have a few answers!

The reason why the worms head down to the collector tray is because their home soil in the working tray is a little off and by that I mean: too acidic or too wet.

Solution:

Lime Powder is great for neutralizing the soil - the next time you add food, sprinkle this over and mix it in - this will aerate the soil as well. It's going to bring the pH back to a level where the worms are happy.

The other reason why they may be escaping is because it's too wet, if the soil is very sloppy try adding some sticks/ garden soil as well as some harder foods that take more time to break down: Corn cobs, broccoli etc

Hope this helps,

Hannah

Utente-53840225 ha ringraziato Tumbleweed Gardening
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".