Houzz Logo Print
lesleymacniven

how to hide a stair bulkhead

Lesley
5 anni fa

hi. I am looking for ideas to cover a stair bulkhead in what will be a nursery. the property is rented so we are limited to what we can do but some minor changes will not be objected to by the landlord. I have posted an example I found online, however ours matches the laminate flooring. It was more just the awkward shape.

Commenti (10)

• Ellie
    5 anni fa
    My friend built a single bed frame over the one in his spare room
  • Daisy England
    5 anni fa
    I remember as a child my dad building a wardrobe over mine and then attaching my bed to the front of the bulk head.
  • Lesley
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    we actually got the bulit in furniture dismantled before we moved in as it was so restrictive, but hadn't realised it was disguising a bulkhead. we are us g the room as a nursery for our baby due in December.
  • Ellie
    5 anni fa
    Remember baby changing units are really only used a few months, so don't think it is worth going to hassle of making one when a mat on the floor does perfectly.
  • PRO
    User
    5 anni fa

I built this multi purpose baby changing / clothes storage unit for my daughter. The bulk head was larger than yours. It was built in mind with being able to amend it to a 'cabin bed' at a later date:-

It's longer than it looks in the photos and will take a standard Toddler bed mattress

• PRO
    George Quinn
    5 anni fa

What about a baby changing area that can be easily converted to junior bed. Include some clever storage underneath.

• Utente-871485639
    il mese scorso

Hi George, i'm looking to get this built in my 3rd bedroom, can you possibly tell me where you got the wood panels from because i want exactly the same regards Lee

• Daisy England
    il mese scorso

In case George misses the post I would say the wood panels are cut and edged board. It’s known as MFC and available in huge sheets and then cut to size and edged on an edgebander machine. There are thousands of MFC colour choices and available from different suppliers such as Egger or Kronospan. A local carpenter or joiner should he possess an edgebander machine should be able to help.

• Utente-871485639
    23 giorni fa

Thank you Daisy, it's really appreciated.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".