Houzz Logo Print
webuser_21289340

Bifolds in existing wall

Coldwater
5 anni fa
We are considering bifolds or similar in our kitchen dining area. This is an existing room and not an extension. There are two windows side by side and one door opening beside this. The intention would be to knock through both windows and the door to make the bifold space. What do we need to consider in terms of steels/lintels? The space above is loft space. Thanks.

Commenti (2)

• Tani H-S
    5 anni fa
    Best to first ask a builder to have a look as you might need a structural engineer to check it. It’s likely the brickwork between them is supporting the roof joists
  • PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    5 anni fa
    I echo the other comment. Get a good builder to take a look. If steel is needed (very likely) you’ll need a structural engineer to spec this
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".