Houzz Logo Print
sforester56

Window Treatments - Please Help!

I am in need of advice regarding the windows off of my kitchen. I cannot decide which way to go here, but I think this area needs some softening and warming up. Let me know what you advise. The walls will be painted in a nice griege, and privacy is not a huge issue since this room looks out onto a sunroom. Thanks! By the way I am willing to trim out these windows as well.

Commenti (9)

• jck910
    5 anni fa

You could put a rod across both windows (wider than windows) and hang panels Or you you do roman shades hung above the windows

• Stephanie Gray
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks! I did think about Roman shades. (I think curtains may be too bulky for this small space. ) If you have any thoughts about which kind of Roman shade, I’d love to hear those ideas as well. There are so many that it is quite overwhelming.

• grapefruit1_ar
    5 anni fa

I was going to suggest exactly what ACM said.

• Stephanie Gray
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

I never thought about sheers here, but it’s definitely a consideration. My other thought was a top down bottom up shade so that I could control light, view etc.

• jck910
    5 anni fa

Roman shade mounted above window. IMO Sheers would be too light with your furniture style and the will block the outlet

• David&Sue Schoch
    5 anni fa

Softening up - "soft" Roman shades in a print that works with the kitchen colors.

• PRO
    Signature Home Services
    5 anni fa

Since that space appears to get a lot of traffic, i wouldn't put any type of hanging window treatment - it'll get abused too much. Up/down are great but we find most leave them in one position. I say trim the windows out, change the baseboards while you're at it and then "live" with it and see if that does it for you. If you did any type of window treatment, I'd hang it so the bottom came down to the top of your windows.

• Stephanie Gray
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you so much for your opinion. I’ve tried to imagine sheers as others mentioned earlier, but ultimately this space is too close to the door, chairs, etc. as you say. I did have a swag hanging there but hated the way it looked without trim. My biggest fear with this space is that I do something that looks too heavy and dominant. Perhaps a swag with lighter material, or a cornice would work.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".