Houzz Logo Print
mellizosmamax3

So much stuff, enough room, but where to put and organize?

Liz B
5 anni fa

I have a basement room that leads to a family room. Right now it just functions as a place to put 'stuff'. I also have a very large laundry room with the furnace, water heater, utility sink, electrical box, w/d, deep freezer and a ton of winter clothes storage, games, puzzles, etc.

I was recently given a smaller full size fridge and would like to create some sort of bar or kitchenette to include the fridge, a microwave, coffee maker, etc. Should I place the kitchenette in the laundry room? Should I try to place it under the stairs? Do I move the games/puzzles to the empty room and create some kind of storage there?

In the grand scheme of things this is not a real problem but I welcome the distraction of organizing/re-decorating and finding some purpose for these under/over utilized spaces.

Thanks very much!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 anni fa

Really hard to comment on this without photos. Any chance you can upload some pix of the spaces in question?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Call an interior designer and a contractor to the SITE. Seems you deserve a better lit and more inviting laundry than what you now have. A closet would be handy as well. Why diddle with ten thousand answers, no dimensions posted and an unknown budget? Get on site help. A certainty of the games and piles and winter clothing storage amount is best determined before that on site visit. ......if not needed? Out.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 anni fa

Yep best way to go.

• talley_sue_nyc
    5 anni fa

In the meantime, I'll join in on the mental exercises of thinking things through!

First question: Who will use that kitchenette/bar, and for what?

Will it be a place that people get snacks and drinks while they're hanging out in the basement room?
    I would want that kitchenette to feel part of the enjoyable living space--so, I wouldn't necessarily want it shut away in the laundry room.

So I'd put it in the corner of the room that people will spend time in.

(but I'll also say--I would probably decline that fridge--it takes up a lot of space, and I personally wouldn't find it of enough value. If I really was in love with the idea of a kitchenette, I'd get a little bar fridge.)

• PRO
    Star-Doors com LLC
    5 anni fa
    It is not very clear from photos and floor plan.
    If you want to have clean place and store all stuff at the same place - build sliding doors floor till ceiling and put some organizers inside.
    It pretty easy and no mess, but pricy. Example on photos - we built mirror doors in this repurposed garage.

I’m not sure about kitchenette, better to invest in nice laundry: organize storage for clothes, storage for detergents and cleaners, maybe a kind of pantry.
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".