Houzz Logo Print
mlgiffin

artwork arrangement

Just got a new tv console & hung the tv. Just hung existing framed artwork but I feel that something is missing. Suggestions wanted.

Commenti (14)

• 5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

I don't like those prints on each side of the TV.

You don't need two lights on the console either. NO decor is needed for the console.

What are you other walls like?

The framed prints, while nice, need to find another wall.

More pics of the 4 sides of the room.

• PRO
    5 anni fa

have to agree w/leelee. the prints seem forced. too much stuff on the console.

• 5 anni fa

There's too much little stuff and the wall is too symmetrical. It has no movement or interest. Let me try to rearrange a bit.

• 5 anni fa
    Here’s other angles of the room. Open concept to the kitchen. I removed all but the lamp.
  • 5 anni fa

Try this instead.

• 5 anni fa
    Like your suggestions but can’t move console down to put tv to left side. I like the floor lamp because that end of room needs light.
  • PRO
    5 anni fa
    I think the art and arrangement is fine, especially when seen in the later pictures. It’s a long wall and they work. Maybe you just need to give yourself time to get used to it?
  • 5 anni fa

I have never understood the need for a lamp or a light fixture next to the TV.

• 5 anni fa

Marilou, I didn't move your console; I moved your TV.

• 5 anni fa
    Some ideas perhaps
  • 5 anni fa

I dislike the monotonous symmetry in most of those Sanus layouts. But one thing to notice it that most of them play off the lines/edges of the TV. Yours don't do that; they are barely--but very noticeably--a bit higher than the TV, as though you were trying to pretend the TV doesn't exist. Extend the lines of the TV. Use it as an anchor. And drop the symmetry.

• 5 anni fa
    How did you edit my photo? Moving tv and framed art?
  • PRO
    5 anni fa

We think removing the artwork and blue ottoman and replacing the blue ottoman with a plant that doesn't need much work will help a lot.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".