Houzz Logo Print
ldolby

did you paint the wood floors? if so what color and finish?

ldolby
5 anni fa
Flooring
Cabin in the woods in Ireland · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Egon Walesch Interior Design
    5 anni fa

Hello, thanks for your question. We kept the original pine floorboards in the property, just repaired and replaced damaged ones and then sanded them. We used Faxe Universal White Lye to bleach the wood and stop it yellowing, then applied a Woca Pre-Colour White solution (not strictly necessary but I wanted to make sure the finish was white) and finally Woca Extra White Colour Oil to finish. We sourced all from Danecare which is also a great source of advice. They can supply sample pots of different products and colours so you can test all out before making a commitment on your floor. The products we used all work on softwoods but some hardwoods require different treatment. We are really pleased with the finish. It's as light as we wanted and complements the paintwork and other finishes well, but also allows the grain of the wood to show though. Best of luck with your projects! Regards, Egon

ldolby ha ringraziato Egon Walesch Interior Design
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".