Houzz Logo Print
helen_atkinson22

curtains or blinds??

How do you decide whether to use curtains or blinds? I am really struggling how to choose curtains or blinds and once I've decided that, how do I choose the colour? I don't like heavily patterned material and I think I want something quite light.
I've had a couple of bits of fabric but they're so small I can't guage if they'll work.
Has anyone got any tips?!

The photos are of the living room and I need curtains or blinds for both ends of the room.

Commenti (8)

• Nic Sharks
    5 anni fa
    A nice outside the window roman blind on the window, maybe 2 lighter colours e.g. white & of white stripe or creams or greys light then a lighter colour in that family of colours. I would pair that with curtains for the double doors in 1 of the colours. Just some thought xx good luck
  • Jules Mc
    5 anni fa

Are any of your fabric swatches the same colour as your walls? Given that you've got a lovely colour scheme already and you want something light I would keep fabric choice as close to the wall colour as possible. I was also thinking Roman blind for the front and pencil pleat curtains for the sliding doors.

• Juliet Docherty
    5 anni fa

Your room is lovely and pretty neutral apart from the accent colour, pink. In the future, that accent colour could change to virtually anything so I would always opt for quiet, neutral curtains and blinds. I have only ever had linen, or softer fabric that looks like linen but hangs well.

• jbtanyderi
    5 anni fa
    Paint the window frames to match the wall: they’re too intrusive. Roman shades in a light neutral would look good.
  • PRO
    Sara Slade Interiors
    5 anni fa

As you want to keep the room nice and light I would try to pick a fabric a couple of shades lighter than your walls. If you don't like a lot of pattern that perhaps keep it plain or maybe a stripe to break up the space on the walls. I would go for a roman blind on the small window to avoid it looking overcrowded and long curtains for the patio doors.

• PRO
    Pfeiffer Design
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Hi Helen,

Here's some visual ideas of neutral curtains and blinds for you:-

Elegant extension

Room for reading

Hope they help. We are running a promotion of 15% off soft furnishings this Summer for those that quote: PFDSummer2018. Contact us for details

• PRO
    The Blind Shop
    5 anni fa

Hi Helen, feel free to order fabric samples from us. Our samples are a decent size so you can get a good feel of how they will look. With windows like yours, you may wish to go for sunscreen roller blinds which provide shade but without blocking all the light and view. With your decor, you might like to go for a neutral beige or grey.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".