Houzz Logo Print
andimac

Design troubles around fireplace

Andi
5 anni fa
We have this awesome cherry mantle above our fireplace. We are having a really hard time trying to figure out how to finish the room. We need to do something for storage and for a better look to finish off each side of the fireplace. I’m looking for any ideas.

Commenti (13)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 anni fa

The darn thing needs nothing on the side, including the tv crammed in a corner. Take a photo from the hearth end of the room. Relieve the cram, and find a better spot for the tv.

• Melissa R
    5 anni fa

for starters, I think that it is way too long! Hopefully, the pro's can come around with more advice.

• Laura Hill
    5 anni fa
    Can you please post pictures of the rest of the room?
  • katinparadise
    5 anni fa

following

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Oof. That fireplace/surround/hearth is huge in proportion to the rest of the room and the height of your ceiling. And what's with the outlets in the middle of the wall? I would re-do the FP entirely with a surround that's at least a foot shorter on either side. Then you'll have room for built-ins on both sides with enough space for your TV.

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    5 anni fa

Beings the space between your mantel and ceilings is relatively small you want to use décor that draws the eye upwards; more vertical pieces than horizontal. Think tall candlestick holders, plants, vases, tall sculptures, etc..

Global Views Bothwell Candlestand, Large · Maggiori informazioni

• Andi
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    More pics of room
  • Andi
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Last pics of room
  • PRO
    Koncerted - Home Automation & Home Media
    5 anni fa

What are the dimensions of the spaces above the fireplace?

• houssaon
    5 anni fa

Can the sectional go to the opposite wall next to the sliders? Then the TC could go to the wall across from the sliders.

Have the electrical outlet moved.

• acm
    5 anni fa

I'd try really hard to put the TV over a long (and low!) console on the blank wall to the left of the fireplace wall. Then the sectional could face the other way (or you might do better with a pair of couches and an end table in between). TV would be at much better viewing height. Then you can have the cable moved and all those crazy outlets lowered to normal height.

Do you sit in the black leather chairs?

• Ashley Story
    5 anni fa
    mount the tv on the wall either above the fire place or in the corner. mirrored chests or buffets would work on the sides of the fire place
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".