Houzz Logo Print
webuser_998255850

Help! Adjacent Bedroom contrast carpet/walls

Andrew C
5 anni fa

I am currently rennovating a 70s built 2 bed flat where the bedrooms are on the same west facing side, with the doors next to each other by the stud wall. The smaller bedroom I'm planning to turn into an office but I want to keep a sort of similar theme between them.

That is: Darker grey wall and lighter high pile carpet in the bedroom and lighter grey wall and darker low pile carpet in the office. Something like these two:

Kingston upon Thames, Surrey · Maggiori informazioni

Boy's Room · Maggiori informazioni

Will this look weird? The wall colours will be from the same range and will match tonally.

Commenti (4)

• Jonathan
    5 anni fa
    I think that sounds nice.
    As an alternative you could also consider adding a dark brown ( such as Farrow and Ball - Tanners Brown) which goes really well with cool greys adding drama without worries of it being too cold
    Andrew C ha ringraziato Jonathan
  • Andrew C
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks for the response! The Hallway that adjoins the rooms has a dark brown LVT floor so I'm not sure how I feel about brown on a wall. I see what you mean though, in the lounge picture in my post, the brown arm chair complements well. I might consider brown furniture/bedding etc to add to the drama

• PRO
    Glamour Home
    5 anni fa

I think that will look great! I am a huge fan of grey and have a lot of different tones of greys in adjoining rooms in my own home. I have a victorian terrace which has quite a narrow landing, walls are painted in dulux timeless with a dark grey wool carpet and the bedrooms are thicker pile lighter grey/ silver tone carpets with Dulux Chic Shadow. I also have the odd bit of grey gloss (a step in our bathroom and the banister).

Wooden furniture would compliment the colours very well also, lighter ash wash or statement dark wood as suggested by Jonathon.

I would love to see the finished result!

- Jessica

Andrew C ha ringraziato Glamour Home
  • PRO
    Yasmin Chopin Interior Design
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Hello Andrew,

I agree with Jessica, it sounds like you have made a good choice there. To give you another thought - I would always aim for the same flooring as far as possible. The main reason is that when you have doors ajar, the eye is likely to note any change in floor covering at the threshold. This can subconsciously make you think the space is smaller than it is. However, if the flooring is the same and there is no carpet bar, leaving an uninterrupted clear threshold, the eye just travels and assumes more space than there actually is. This may or may not matter in the case of your flat but in my experience clients generally favour more space, more light and an easier flow. So, while you could easily use different shades for the walls, I would recommend the same carpet throughout on the floor.

Andrew C ha ringraziato Yasmin Chopin Interior Design
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".