Houzz Logo Print
muralbydesign

Very large mural on dip corrugated metal siding.

MuralbyDesign
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

I just had a great challenging opportunity to design and paint an original and very large mural for an antiques store by the US 31 in West Olive, Michigan, and the challenges were:

- Using the best visual ideas to represent a million diverse objects of an antiques store that would be easy to understand by a fast moving traffic.

- Create a fun story that would invite the viewer to look, enjoy, and stop by.

- Making it happens over a dip corrugated metal siding by painting in such ways that would make the patterns disappear and the image lines as little distorted as possible.

Well, please take a look and share your honest thoughts. Thank you so much :-D

Lake Shore Antiques · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (12)

• Denita
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

I love it. Wonderful execution and delightful too! The mural makes a world of difference to the building and accomplishes all of your goals. Truly excellent :)

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato Denita
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 anni fa
    Fantastic idea and great job. Makes a “signature” statement for your client and your amazing skills. Love it! (From a former Michigander!)
    MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato Flo Mangan
  • acm
    5 anni fa

Cute, except that the word "Antiques" is no longer visible from the front of the building.

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato acm
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 anni fa

Truly excellent. The client must be so pleased.

If there is any room in the budget I would add some lighter highlights to the man; he looks a little flat compared to the car and even the bike. And if he had a banner or pennant trailing behind him he would have more of a sense of motion. That would also be a good place to add some more vibrant colours to catch the eyes of passers-by. But these are just trivialities.

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    5 anni fa

Very cool!

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato Architecture Plus Inc
  • PRO
    PI Photography Wall Art & Fine Art
    5 anni fa

Awesome work!

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato PI Photography Wall Art & Fine Art
  • Wendy H
    5 anni fa
    Very clever artwork! i agree that it would help to add something else between the 2 images. Will cars end up parking along in front? Hopefully they won’t block the art wall or the sign.
    MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato Wendy H
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Love it all…truly amazing work and creativity! Is there something you could add to the front? Door looks lonely.

MuralbyDesign ha ringraziato JudyG Designs
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 anni fa

Maybe some gold scroll-work around the windows!

My 3 year old is a huge fan by the way, he caught a glimpse when he woke up from his nap just now :-D

• PRO
    MuralbyDesign
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you so much everyone for the honest feedback and all the valuable suggestions, which I will seriously consider to mention to my very happy customer for a later addition on the site. As for now, I have over done beyond the budget plan.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 anni fa

Thank you for sharing!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".