Houzz Logo Print
at8408__

What to use for shower floor?

at8408 .M
6 anni fa

I'm using the shower in this picture (sorry, I don't own it) as inspiration for a new shower in our home. I can't do the whole shower (36"x36") in the fan title that I love, so I'm just doing the one wall and subway on the other walls, just like this picture. Though, I might go with a darker grout.

But what do I use on the shower floor? If I zoom in really close to this picture they've used white hexagon, which is too many different patterns for my taste. Can subway tile be used on the floor? or should I look into getting a shower base?

I'm new on here, and just looking for ideas and inspiration. Thanks!

Commenti (7)

• User
    6 anni fa

Hi 8408 The Fan tile is very pretty and a bold color so your choice of one wall if perfect, color of grout shouldn't be to dark, that would change look. As to the shower floor, because the shape of tile is different doesn't detract from its beauty its all white. I think Subway tile would be just as pretty.

• Catherine Love
    6 anni fa
    I am of the understanding that for shower floors you should use small tiles and not large tiles such as subway. The reason being is the smaller tiles, with grout, are safer and the large tiles present a risk for slipping.
  • palimpsest
    6 anni fa

I would consider a solid shower pan in white.

• Elizabeth B
    6 anni fa

Smaller tiles are used because shower floors are not level. If you put a 3x6" tile on the floor you'll get some lipage

• PRO
    Residential Resurrections
    6 anni fa

1 or 2 inch hex unglazed floor tiles are a traditional pairing with subway tiles. I would reccomend the nearly impervious acrylic grouts, such as Mapei's Flexcolor. No sealing, mildew resistant. Give it a good 24 hours drying (with ventilation) for wet areas, before putting in use. You won't believe how easy it is to remove haze, compared to cement based grouts

• at8408 .M
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone! Heading to look at tile tomorrow.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".