Houzz Logo Print
bobchalmers

Quick question about positioning of door in bathroom

Richard G
6 anni fa

Apologies for the very quick question but i was just trying to decide on the position of the door into the bathroom i'm having renovated.

The two options are as per the attached images.

I was just wondering which would be preferable?

I thought option A seemed more obvious but the door opening is currently as per option B and because of the redecorating in the hall required, moving electrics, doorway etc. I was basically trying to find justification to save a few pennies!

If however option A is the best option all round i think i'll just have to stump up :(

Commenti (5)

• Carolina
    6 anni fa
    Sorry, my vote goes to option A.
  • Daisy England
    6 anni fa

Is that 2 towels rails in there as one is not labelled? If so Option B isn't good because of the intrusion of the towel rail by the door and the fact you'd have to walk around it to get to the vanity unit, but to be honest I'm not keen on Option A either because I'd want the towels rails close to the shower/bath and the vanity basin. I wouldn't want to walk over to the other side of the room with wet hands dripping all over the floor.

• Charlotte McDougall
    6 anni fa
    If you’re trying to save money what about option B but with the door hung the other way.
  • Jonathan
    6 anni fa
    I think that it is difficult to justify moving the door but you could hang it the other way.
    I agree that it would be good to have an additional towel rail near the sink.
    Had you considered moving the shower to the other end of the bath freeing up a little more room and the wc and sink side of the room?
  • PRO
    Divine Design
    6 anni fa
    I don’t think moving the door gains any thing extra then changing the swing of the door. Door frame architrave etc. stays in same place and door gets hung off opposite side. You have the best of both worlds then!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".