Houzz Logo Print
laurrennx12

Large blank wall in living room

laurrennx12
6 anni fa

I recently bought a foreclosed home that we are fixing up and planning to live in. It’s considered a 1.5 story home - the basement is more out of the ground and is finished, there’s a 1st floor a partial second floor because it is only over 1 side of the house. So that leaves our living room to have very high ceilings. We plan on putting our tv on the one blank wall, but I am not sure how to “fill in” the extra space going up the wall. There is an extremely large picture frame that was left, but i am not sure where you would find a picture that big to put in it. We are trying not to spend a lot of money on this. Any ideas? Or any recommendations for where I can find wall decor that big?

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Sherri Blum Designs
    6 anni fa

Agree with Patricia above. That frame has got to go! I wouldn't focus so much on the higher space until you've arranged your furniture for the best function in that space. Once the wall is painted and furniture is in place, then I recommend focusing on that space.

Do you have plans for the lower part of this wall? A library unit/bookcase arrangement, perhaps? If you use substantially sized furniture against that wall, you might not feel the need to hang anything above.

• laurrennx12
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

We want to do a large brown leather sectional in front of the wall. Maybe a large entertainment center would look good? I would like to do an electric stone fireplace with a large tv above, but I don't think I would find one big enough. It would be ideal to do a stone wall fireplace, but we're not looking to spend that kind of money right now.

I will take more pictures for you! I am going there tomorrow, so I will post them after. I agree with getting rid of the frame, I am not a fan of it! Are those frames worth anything to try to sell or should I just throw it in the dumpster?

• PRO
    Sherri Blum Designs
    6 anni fa

If the frame has any adhesive on the back to hold it in place, it will be ruined anyway. I'll look forward to the additional room pictures. Do you wish for your sofa to face this wall or this wall would be behind the sofa? It looks like there might be an opening on each side of this wall- passthrough areas. If so, you won't want your sofa against it. Take a photo of each wall and a photo from far back at the main corners of the room so we can see the space as it comes together all the way around. It is important to decide which is your focal wall and how the traffic will flow in the space before you worry about decor.

• laurrennx12
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

It would have to face this wall. To the left of this picture is sliding doors to get to our deck, to the right is the stair and entryway and behind it is an open dining room, so therefore there are no other walls to put a tv against. But I will take those pictures so you can see what I am talking about! The sofa will just sit in the middle of the living room & not against anything - we found a sectional with a nice back to it since it will be exposed. Hopefully that makes sense - I know it's hard to understand without seeing the pictures yet!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

• PRO
    Sherri Blum Designs
    6 anni fa

I'm glad you're floating the sofa and not putting against a wall. That's always preferable when possible! If the sofa will face this wall, then you want to make this your focal wall in the room. I'll look forward to the additional photos and continuing the discussion. Have a good night!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".