Houzz Logo Print
tavolies

does this countertop work? POLL

Stelh Col
6 anni fa
Below is our kitchen and flooring does this granite work well?
yes
no

Commenti (17)

• teamaltese
    6 anni fa
    Too bust with the floor. I’d pick a solid quartz for the counter. The floor is stunning.
  • Boxerpal
    6 anni fa

I love that slab, and I love it with your floors. So pretty!

• nicoletouk
    6 anni fa

The counter competes with the floors. Look for a light non-busy counter in a satin or matte finish.

Nicole

• PRO
    Decor & More, LLC
    6 anni fa

I actually love the granite with the floors, cabinets and dark accents. I would have it honed for a matte versus shiny finish. Let the floor shine.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 anni fa

Perfect example of why you make selections from items with the least choice (appliances) to the most choice (paint color) so your choices are always expanding. There are a lot more floor choices than countertop selections.

• Lisa SW
    6 anni fa
    I have Astoria granite in an off white kitchen with orb hardware. I love it — movement but more understated than so many granites. But I have medium/dark hardwood floors. I keep looking at your floors and go back and forth on how it would look. A light quartz with subtle veining would certainly be the safer choice. Also, it may be my slab or what surrounds it, but overall my counters read more brown/beige/cream than the grey they contain. I can’t tell from a monitor...would this work with your flooring?
  • Stelh Col
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Lisa- I know I also keep going back a forth. I love the coloring but don’t want it to compete.
    I agree a cream/soft vein is more safe, but I don’t know if I love it against the cream cabinets.

Do you have photos of your honed granite?
    Is this something my granite provider should be able to do with these slabs?
  • friedajune
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

I LOVE your floors. I don't think that granite is the right choice. To my eye, it's like you tried to match the floors, but it's just a bit off, so looks not right. I think more contrast to the floor, and a quieter counter would look better. Though I am a big fan of granite counters, in this case, because of your stone floors, I'd pick a quiet quartz counter. And because your white cabinets look like they have a glaze, then the less markings on the counter the better, so find a cream quartz with few markings.

• Lisa SW
    6 anni fa
    Stehl, sorry for any confusion. My granite is polished, not honed, but I do find having it honed an interesting option. had enough trouble making selections for my own kitchen, and now I’m dwelling on yours! So, a couple of thoughts (and absolutely no recommendations). You might be able to break some rules because unlike so many granites — small swirls or large splotches — I find its movement far softer for lack of a better word. I don’t think it screams “I want to be the star.” Also, these are two horizontal surfaces, separated by 3’, that won’t be side to side. But even if it’s not too busy there’s the question of whether it blends or if it’s an attempted match that’s just a little off as freidajune mentioned. I’m not a pro so I don’t know what’s available, but I wonder if there’s a solid or subtle quartz that brings in a color from your flooring (as opposed to the white or cream so many smartly recommended) Alternately, what about a white/cream and a contrasting backsplash that ties into the floors. I wanted a backsplash that that blended with the counter and offered some contrast to the cabinets. I found it amongst the 100+colors in the Sonoma stellar line. Your floors are stunning, but make other choices trickier. Just some thoughts; it will take someone with far more skill than me to solve your dilemma. Good luck!
  • PRO
    The Kitchen Studio
    6 anni fa

What a beautiful slab! It pulls all the colours in the cabintery and flooring! Looks great! Lots of texture..love it!

• Hockeymom
    6 anni fa

Too busy with the floor in my opinion. I would think something more solid in color so that it doesn’t appear too busy.

• Lisa SW
    6 anni fa
    Just meant to add that it will be beautiful; it already is!
  • Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 anni fa

You already asked about this. You were given a ton of advice to choose your countertop in relation to your floor.

• Stelh Col
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Rita-based off the suggestions from my last post, I chose this slab. I am seeing if this slab « works ». You are not being forced to contribute your input, so feel free to « pass ».
  • User
    6 anni fa

I like both of them, just not with each other. Together it makes them seem bland, which they are not.

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    6 anni fa

Both are great! They may both compete for the eye, however, which may take away from how beautiful each is on its own

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".