Houzz Logo Print
myneighbortotoro

Help me find this vintage cupboard hardware

Condo Home
6 anni fa

Does anyone have any ideas about where I might find hardware like this? It is 1 1/2" high and a hair under 3" width (total, including both sides of the hinge)

I will need to remove the doors and I am sure the existing hardware will break in the process. The cupboard door has more layers of paint on it than I can count but the area under the hinge probably doesn't have any paint at all, so I would like to cover up that area. Ideas for any other hardware that might similarly cover up the areas without all the paint are also appreciated.

Commenti (9)

• Chessie
    6 anni fa

What is your plan for the cupboard? Are you repainting? Or are you simply wanting to replace the hinge? Google “ antique butterfly hinge”. I just found two of them priced at $1.00. Hingevintagehardware.con.

Condo Home ha ringraziato Chessie
  • PRO
    Condo Home ha ringraziato Filipe Custom Woodwork
  • PRO
    Condo Home ha ringraziato Cabinet Express, Inc.
  • Condo Home
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thank you all so much! I would never have found those or known what they were called without your help.

• PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    6 anni fa

You are welcome. Vandyke's is great for finding those unique pieces. good luck!

Condo Home ha ringraziato Filipe Custom Woodwork
    6 anni fa

I've had good luck with House of Antique Hardware things.

Condo Home ha ringraziato AvatarWalt
  • cookncarpenter
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Do as 1929 says please, they are probably solid brass and try to save the screws too!

Condo Home ha ringraziato cookncarpenter
  • CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    6 anni fa

Why don't you slather some Citristrip on them? It works on vertical surfaces and won't eat your skin, either. It should help loosen the layers, if not completely peel them off. You can then be able to get a putty knife under the without slipping and scratching them. I'm also confident they're brass and probably beautiful.

1929Spanish is right, boil those babies and the paint comes right off. Just remember that when you dump them out and pick them up to (use a plastic scrubbie to remove the stubborn stuff -- no metal) that they're scalding hot! I was so excited I forgot that detail. Ouch!

Condo Home ha ringraziato CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".