Houzz Logo Print
sherryderus

Curb appeal suggestions

sherryderus
6 anni fa
We recently took a half story off our house and added a full second story. We resided the house and redid the front vestibule. This spring we will add landscaping with shrubs and flowers. What can we do to add some personality? Would shutters look good on all front windows? Should shutters on smaller lower level windows be the same size as upper large window? Note there isn’t much room on lower windows for wide shutters. Any color suggestions for the shutters? How would white window boxes look on lower level windows? Planning to keep the front entry white. Would another color look better? I appreciate any help!

Commenti (11)

• User
    6 anni fa

Lovely home! Consider an adaptation of the window trim in this photo for some classy curb appeal.

Greenlake Custom Home · Maggiori informazioni
    I love your front door white.

• housegal200
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

No shutters. Instead:

--Put some window boxes under the lower windows. In the winter, fill them with greens and pine cones.

--Get a new pole light that harmonizes with your sconces.

--Add some large, attractive black house numbers on the portico.

--Get a garden designer to help you plan landscaping.

The house looks a bit blank right now because of the snow. But window boxes of overflowing greens would change that.

• njmomma
    6 anni fa

Not a Pro.

I think you should paint the railings on the steps white.

Paint your pole light black.

Change front door to a beautiful warm wood door.

I also agree with above. Trim, Black numbers. landscape, etc.

Bellevue House · Maggiori informazioni

• chloebud
    6 anni fa

The triple upper window is much too large for shutters. There's not enough room for properly sized shutters on the lower windows. Instead, consider trim around the windows as shown in Vista Interior's example.

• sherryderus
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Thanks for the idea. I like the trim.
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    6 anni fa

I like the trim idea & how about painting the door something bold?

• sherryderus
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    The door hasn’t been painted yet, only primed. Any color ideas? I think a teal would look good with the siding.
  • Dre
    6 anni fa

To my eye, the area above the second floor windows is wide open and needs to be grounded with brackets or corbels or maybe just a contrasting paint color up in the eve. Depending on your budget, take inspiration from any of the exterior photos when you search for Craftsman exteriors on Houzz. Here are just a few ideas. Good luck!

The Window Box · Maggiori informazioni

Alexander Street Historic Renovation · Maggiori informazioni

Beaver Lake Retreat by Design Guild Homes · Maggiori informazioni

• sherryderus
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Excellent idea. You are absolutely correct. Thanks so much. The ability to list an issue on Houzz and get feedback is wonderful. I appreciate you all chiming in!
  • PRO
    Hardie Boys, Inc.
    6 anni fa

If you want to being more attention to your entrance and windows, pergolas are a beautiful touch that can provide shade as well as support for any plants you may want to dress your home. Check out more inspiration at hardieboysinc.com

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".