Houzz Logo Print
ray_liddle

Disguise/neighbours shed

Ray Liddle
6 anni fa
Neighbour erected this shed on the boundary. 12.2 metres in length x 3 metres in height. Pitch of roof takes height to almost 5 metres. Suggestions to disguise/hide. Neighbour hates the vine and has today shaved the top off.

Commenti (13)

• K Laurence
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Are there no ordinances regarding setbacks in your community? Is the vine on your property? Or is it encroaching onto his? Even though many hate HOA’s, they come in handy in a situation like this.

• lefty47
    6 anni fa

HI -- You have to have the property bylaw have a look . I see this turning into a neighbour feud . They will be able to see and find out if he had a permit to build the shed . You can use the pretext of you wanting to do some building or putting the fence/screen up . The shed roof is not an issue as it is a light color and not noticed . If all is good then build a big decorative fence/screen on your property and grow more vines and climbing flowers etc. Our city has a three foot set back from property line . The only thing you can build on the property line is a fence and it cannot be over 8 feet high on property level. Check for your city regulations ... perhaps listed on-line . Good Luck !

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 anni fa
    That’s not a shed it is industrial workshop. Don’t know how this got done. If it stays only thing to do is hide by extending your cute wood arbor to hide as best you can. Make sure you know where your property line is. Could be you have problem? Over time, property lines get grown up so verify that line before you take action. In other words, do your due diligence.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 anni fa

I agree with Flo and if that vine is on your property he does not have a right to touch it .

• Linda
    6 anni fa
    Your neighbor has the right to cut any part of your vine that is on his property.
  • smileythecat
    6 anni fa

I don't see how that thing can legally be built on the lot line, I am sorry that happened, now its there forever, guess I would build the arbor higher, I like the vines.

• studio10001
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

As distressing as neighborly actions can be, look on this as an opportunity to step up your gardening game. He has given you the gift of greater privacy, so why not take advantage of it?

His wall gives you the background for a lush garden folly. As mentioned above, stay in front of your boundary, but boy-o, if you like vines this is the new best spot- he'll need a ladder to reach past his own roof to hack them.

• Ray Liddle
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Understand he can cut vine on his property but he was on scaffolding and leaned over to shave the top off the vine down to the level of the pergola/arbour. The bougainvillea was along a trellis and met the other vine. It is currently propped up on an old trellis awaiting decisions. The vines cause him great distress and I am thinking either trees, maybe pleached, or quick growing hedge. My husband is keen to replace at least one of the palms.
  • smileythecat
    6 anni fa

More Vines I say.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 anni fa

I think the dark gray shed backdrop is quite nice for your yard. See pics below for ideas.

Oh the other hand, I am not sure that anyone is allowed to place a structure on a property line other than a fence. Was a survey done before the shed was positioned? It might actually on your property.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 anni fa
    Sounds like a big problem that we probably don’t have enough info about. I had a neighbor problem where the neighbor behind us cut our mosquito misting tubing which was woven between our fences, costing us $300 to repair. It was maddening but rather than create more tension, we ignored them, until they moved this past summer. There isn’t much you can do unfortunately. Might want to talk to local authorizes to see if you have any legal options.
  • chloebud
    6 anni fa

"Understand he can cut vine on his property but he was on scaffolding and leaned over to shave the top off the vine down to the level of the pergola/arbour."

You're right about it being okay for him to trim anything hanging on/over his property. He just can't lean over and trim what's on yours. We had an idiot neighbor who'd reach well over onto our property line to trim. Then he'd toss it all back into our yard. One day my husband went over to have a chat with him. The guy was a little odd, and I was really nervous it could get contentious. However, that little chat stopped his trimming and tossing. Doesn't always work out that way.

We had a former neighbor who planted a row of Carolina Cherry trees along an unsightly back fence to hide it. Depending on your needs, they make a nice hedge, shrub, screen or tree. Our neighbors let theirs grow to about 10 feet but kept them compactly trimmed.

I agree with Flo that more info is needed.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".