Houzz Logo Print
kimbydewolf

Pick my cabinet color! Butcher Block Island, Soapstone perimeter

kimbydewolf
6 anni fa
Ultima modifica:6 anni fa

Picking my cabinet color has been the hardest task for me. I love so many options. I'd love to hear your input! My hubby likes blue but I want it to last more than 5 years....thoughts??? Here is our design.

Commenti (12)

• wolfgang80
    6 anni fa

We're like you in that we like so many colors. A couple colors we're considering for our cabinets are F&B Parma Gray and BM Chimichurri. As much as we like dark blue--we used FB Hague Blue on a bathroom vanity in our last house--it troubles us that we see it being used on every design show. Green seems trend safe at least for the time being. We did our cabinets in FB Cook's Blue in our last kitchen. Great color and not neutral enough to ever be commonplace. What colors are you considering?

• lhutch13
    6 anni fa
    Truthfully, navy is a pretty classic color. I would combine it with a white probably, but it can look awesome if you do it correctly.
  • traci_from_seattle
    6 anni fa

I love blue cabinets. You could always do blue in the pantry (which looks like an amazing space!) then a more traditional color in the kitchen.

• eam44
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Google images of kitchens with soapstone and butcher block to see what you respond to. Inspiration images will help you all the way through the process of the reno. Color is a powerful tool, and we can help you more if we know more about the space. What style of cabinetry have you chosen? What kind of look are you going for? Do you have a kitchen designer? What does he/she recommend to go with the overall look and feel of your home?

• kimbydewolf
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Eam44 I think part of my problem is I’ve seen too much! (Our last kitchen was all white, shaker, Roman white granite, natural wood floors and grey walls, backsplash small Carrera grey/white tiles.). I REALLY want some depth, personality and warmth this time. Here are a few inspirational pics. One of my issues is hubby doesn’t want quartz (he doesn’t think it looks natural, which is why I landed on soapstone and butcher block.... I do love a white countertop tho!)
  • Sarah Weatherhead
    6 anni fa

kimbydewolf - I am considering the same things! I want soapstone on the perimeter and a navy island, so I was trying to figure out what would look best. I thought butcher block with a navy island looked gorgeous. I am also considering pietro de cardosa as an alternative to soapstone and thought about maybe having pietro as an island countertop, but worried that there was not enough contrast between the grey and the navy. I ordered white cabinets. I love color but don't want it all to be blue bc I worry about styles changing. I do think navy is very classic, though. I welcome ideas and thoughts!

• kimbydewolf
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    I’ve just done my selections. We have a quartzite Island that is white and dark greys. Painting cabinets dark. Down pipe. Perimeter counters are also quartzite but have more white and less grey contrast veining.

I have the wood countertops in my mudroom and folding table in laundry room because I love the look but will be easier to maintain in those areas.

Soapstone is in the butlers pantry;)
  • kim k
    6 anni fa
    That sounds amazing. You have to post pictures!
  • Sarah Weatherhead
    6 anni fa

kimbydewolf - please post pictures!

• Sarah Weatherhead
    6 anni fa

....because it sounds like you have similar taste to mine...and I looked at some of your ideabooks - loved!

• kimbydewolf
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    I will but we are still a few months out!
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".