Houzz Logo Print
avguanzon

Standing Seam Roof

Anna Guanzon
6 anni fa
Would you happen to recall the spacing of the seams? (20”, 16”, 12”??). Thank you.
modern farmhouse · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    lee CALISTI architecture+design
    6 anni fa

judging from the spacing based on the 16" batten spacing, I am reminded that we must have used the 16-1/2" spacing. It's been a while since this was completed.

https://www.atas.com/sustainable/solar-ready-roofs/atas-field-lok-system-1-1-2-seam#ProductInfo

• Anna Guanzon
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

No prob at all. Thank you so much! Great Work. We're choosing metal roof and white paint color now for our own house build (IG: @virginia.farmhouse.project) Needless to say, I spend way too much time on Houzz and Pinterest. Love this look of the "silver" roof with white. Just the "modern" farmhouse look I'm trying to achieve.

• PRO
    lee CALISTI architecture+design
    6 anni fa

Based on other comments you've made...
    1). Get samples of everything and put them together in the sunlight. Hold the white vertical and the roof on a slope to make a final choice.
    2). Choose a reputable roofer as metal roofs are fussy, they can look horrible if executed poorly and warranties can be voided if not done properly. Watch the underlayment choice, make sure the manufacturer approves it.
    3). Details matter - edges, drips, flashings, etc. sound boring, but if not considered, they look heavy, clunky and like a strip mall rather than an elegant house
    4). Roof spec/product line - not all metal roofs are the same. Avoid "pencil ribs" or it will look like a horse barn, study the seam size, thickness and height. Some are snap together and will look like your suburban bank.
    5). Careful on the gutters and downspouts - These matter too as the typical K-style gutter could mess up an otherwise handsome roof. Half round gutters look best, but must be oversized or water will splash out, box style gutters are clean when used with round downspouts.
    Good luck...it doesn't just happen.

Anna Guanzon ha ringraziato lee CALISTI architecture+design
  • claybakin247
    5 anni fa

The information provided here is very good and appreciated. That said, there are 2 homes in my neighborhood with recently installed metal roofs which are panel lock style style with ribs (I assume this is the same thing as "snap together'). In a few days I will be having the same product installed on my home. This style metal roof does not put me in mind of a horse barn (of which there are many in my area, so I would know) or a bank or any commercial building. This never occurred to me and I doubt its a distinction that occurs to most homeowners. Mine is an upper middle class neighborhood and these lower cost panel lock (as opposed to standing metal) roofs are very attractive. If you can afford the upgrade to standing seam, great. But please don't discount panel lock with ribs. Why should they only be the province of commercial buildings etc.? Thats ridiculous.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".