Houzz Logo Print
dagnyratel

Ideas to replace this massive awful Brick arch fireplace?

DAGNY RATEL
6 anni fa

Working on this alpine vacation home in Southern California. Trying to create a mountain modern look, but not too minimalist. Originally, was going to just paint the brick white, but now going to demo and replace because the lines just won't work in the new design. Any great ideas that are are between cabin rustic and aspen modern?

By way of intended design, all paneling will be DE Cool December, light-medium wire-brushed wide plank oak floors, stair rail white oak newel posts, white oak handrail and steel cabling.

Commenti (18)

• User
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

oh. Wow.

Maybe have a mason come take look at it and discuss skimming it with cement? Removing the arched brick, or otherwise concealing it? Or just tear the sucker out. What a ... wow.

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 anni fa

Demolishing it is a good idea but as for style is this kind of the look you are going for

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • jbtanyderi
    6 anni fa
    Straight sides and fieldstone would look good.
    DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato jbtanyderi
  • acm
    6 anni fa

Yeah, I'd be looking for a bit of a rough rock fireplace -- not crazy, but not stacked limestone or anything too refined. Here's kind of the range of options I'd be considering:

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato acm
  • PRO
    Caprock Hardscape Supply
    6 anni fa

Here are some jobs we've supplied that have that chic rustic look. Two are outdoor kitchens using Oklahoma Multicolored Natural Stone (flagstone) which has a TON of color, yet it also goes with so many different color schemes so you wouldn't have to worry about limiting yourself there. Another is an Austin White Stone Sawn. It's rustic and also would go with a lot of design options so you would have lots of flexibility.

• suzyq53
    6 anni fa

Is there any way to get it centered on the wall?

• PRO
  • PRO
  • cwpfuhl
    6 anni fa

Wow, I kind of love it. I'd totally embrace that Lake Arrowhead in the 70's vibe but with an updated look. Paint the brick but leave it, new wood floors will look great, better lighting, plants, cozy rug, lots of textures....

• PRO
    Ryan Olivieri, Inc.
    6 anni fa

The thing about brick is that it doesn't give away the fact that it's only a few inches thick like stone does. Why not do something cool with metal?

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato Ryan Olivieri, Inc.
  • beth09
    6 anni fa

Is there any way to get it centered on the wall?

I was about to say, no matter what you do it's going to be off center. Will that bother you? Unless there is some way to get it centered.....

• PRO
    Ryan Olivieri, Inc.
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

It's reminiscent of iron smelting furnaces from the 1800's. Too bad it wasn't made with prettier brick in a better location like on a patio. It's actually kind of cool looking. If the brick was sandblasted it would look more authentic and not so reclaimed.

• PRO
    Ryan Olivieri, Inc.
    6 anni fa

What's over to the left? Can you tear out that mezzanine thing to get it centered in the room better.?

• Christina
    5 anni fa

How did you accomplish that look?

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato Christina
  • tartanmeup
    5 anni fa

That looks fantastic! Love the railing too.

DAGNY RATEL ha ringraziato tartanmeup
  • PRO
    DAGNY RATEL
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

We demo'd out most of the brick, then re-faced with limestone.

• R M
    4 anni fa
    I like the idea of stucco....nice tall plant on the window side.
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".