Houzz Logo Print
tootsiefreeley

Black passage door handles?

Northstar
6 anni fa

Black and nickel passage door handles? Would you have these in your house?

Commenti (25)

• Julie Walton
    6 anni fa
    Sure thing. I have read courtesy of Houzz that handles should be treated as jewellery.
  • me me
    6 anni fa
    Not for me, I think they will date quickly. Like the coloured taps in the eighties. Silver look will always be in fashion.
  • Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

I love them but worry about how they will fit in or stand out...

• siriuskey
    6 anni fa

What handles do you have in the rest of the house, best to match.

• Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Hi Siriuskey, we would have all internal doors as above, laundry cabinets have black handles, kitchen has brushed nickel, bathrooms are handleless,

• siriuskey
    6 anni fa

I'd stick to brushed nickel

Northstar ha ringraziato siriuskey
  • Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thank you, I'm struggling to find a handle different from the standard shape that comes in the building contract.

• annb1997
    6 anni fa

Have you checked the Door Store?

• Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thanks annb1977 will take a look now :)

• PRO
    North Hem
    6 anni fa
    I have some and I love them!!
    Northstar ha ringraziato North Hem
  • annb1997
    6 anni fa

Can you take a photo, North Hem?

Northstar ha ringraziato annb1997
  • Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

I would love a photo north hem if you could, do you mind me asking what colours you have in your house? Is everything else black, hinges etc?

• PRO
    justjan49
    6 anni fa
    Northstar. Have a look at Gainsborough, Allegion and Lockwood Matt blacks. Have not seen the one that you have pictured. Also I don't think black comes in round lever. But if you have a choice get the back in round as the square will drive you nuts as they go of centre.
    Northstar ha ringraziato justjan49
  • Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thank you justjan49, do you mind me asking what you mean by off centre? sorry, this is our first build so I'm not up to date with things

• PRO
    justjan49
    6 anni fa
    If you were to have the square back on the door they slightly shift with use if you get what I mean
    Northstar ha ringraziato justjan49
  • annb1997
    6 anni fa

You might also check out hardwarebox.com.au

• PRO
    North Hem
    6 anni fa
    I also have matte black elements to my kitchen and bathroom, but the rest of the house is pale timber and white.
    Northstar ha ringraziato North Hem
  • annb1997
    6 anni fa

A couple more possibilities:

• Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thanks so much, the ones I posted are from hardware box, hopefully they won't look too out of place,!

• antonia_d
    6 anni fa
    I also have black door hardware throughout my house and I love it. The style we chose was more in line with the period of our home.
    Northstar ha ringraziato antonia_d
  • John Henson
    6 anni fa
    They are very cool
    Northstar ha ringraziato John Henson
  • PRO
    Edwards Renovations Pty Ltd
    6 anni fa
    I have them in my own home through out the house with black pull handles for the sliding doors and for an added touch I had my hinges black plated to match.
    Northstar ha ringraziato Edwards Renovations Pty Ltd
  • Northstar
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

They look fabulous, I really like those handles, do you mind me asking where you got them? Also do you have black anywhere else, I only have black in the laundry and ensuite and worry it might be too much?

• PRO
    Zanda Architectural
    5 anni fa

If you can't find any styles you like in the black, we can powder coat most of our styles to Matt Black if this is of interest?! www.zanda.com.au

We also have an article on the Pros & Cons of Matt Black Door Hardware which is quite helpful :)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".