Houzz Logo Print
liondevl

Kitchen

liondevl
10 anni fa
Does anyone have honed granite? Do you cut on it? Durable? What kind of care?

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Infinity Countertops
    10 anni fa
    Honed granite is a wonderful choice. I cut on it, many choose not to as they believe their knives will be damaged. Honed doesn't show fingerprints like polished although oil will show a little more. You want the easiest care, go to quartz.
  • liondevl
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thanks
  • PRO
    William Roy Designer Kitchens
    10 anni fa
    Polished Material
    The term polished indicates that the stone has been polished up to glossy shiny finish.

Honed Material
    The term honed indicates stone has been brought only up to a matte finish. This finish on stone will not have a shiny gloss to the granite and when touched feels almost silky.

Textured Material (also known as Satin, Antiqued, Leathered)
    Satin, Antiqued or Leathered are pretty similar – they just indicate the stone has been brushed to a different level of texture on a matte finish. These finishes will not have a shiny gloss to the granite and has a bit of texture.

Granite Character and Stone Care
    Granite is durable and highly resistant to damage whether polished, honed or textured. Food substances, personal hygiene products, knives, and water used in normal kitchen and bath activities are not a risk to granite. In general, most granites are not affected by hot pots and pans – although it is not advisable to place a hot cast iron pan on cold stone - it could fissure.

All finishes only need to be cleaned with warm water and soapy alkaline dish soap. We do suggest not using the caustic cleaners like 409 etc. won’t hurt the stone but they break sealer down over time. Many suppliers recommend use of Stone cleaning products but we find them to be expensive and unnecessary. It is wise to use preventive habits for daily routine. Granite whether glossy or non-glossy finishes need to be re-sealed– frequency depends on the use of the countertop. If non glossy finish is elected – it is equally durable to polished – except they have a tendency to show finger prints and if not properly sealed the pores are more open and may absorb food that could stain. We recommend being diligent about cleaning up spills immediately, especially when oily substances have been spilt on the honed surface. Any stain that may appear can generally be removed with stone care products.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".