Houzz Logo Print
kathy31

Shall I do tan or white inside half finished porch?

Kathy Wilson
6 anni fa

I am working on screening in the patio that came with the house. I have installed Desert Sand (tan) board and batten siding on the house wall that is now inside the porch. White beadboard look on ceiling. My dilemma is now which to put on the inside of the curved enclosure that now encloses the patio. I am torn between using the same stuff in white that is on the ceiling to brighten it up or should I keep with the Desert Sand board and batten all through the interior? Thanks very much.

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Showhomes Long Beach
    6 anni fa

With the white posts, I would go with the tan for contrast. What will your flooring be? And if you can get the section between the posts and the ceiling to be tan that would be great, so get the contrast there too.

Kathy Wilson ha ringraziato Showhomes Long Beach
  • acm
    6 anni fa

Either would be ok, but I think it would seem more coherent to match the other vertical surface, letting the ceiling be in contrast. That is, tan. :)

Kathy Wilson ha ringraziato acm
  • PRO
    Paule Bourbonnais Design
    6 anni fa

If you want a feeling that it's part of the house, use Sand (tan). If you want to feel that it's a room on it's own, put it all white. I prefer all white.

Kathy Wilson ha ringraziato Paule Bourbonnais Design
  • Kathy Wilson
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. So helpful on here to post questions. The floor is the red/gray/bluish slate that was here when I bought the house. I'll be doing red board and batten shutters that match the interior entry door and the sidelights.

• Kathy Wilson
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

I decided on the tan. Thx for the input. Once it's finished and inspected, I'll try to remember to post a photo.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".