Houzz Logo Print
kyrishia_reidjohnson

New Pool Owner Needs Help Choosing Chlorine Resistant Sofas

My husband and I just bought a house with a pool - fist time pool owners! I'm hesitant on purchasing sofas for the basement that walks out to the pool. I'm certain we'll have guests over to enjoy the pool for summers to come, but I'm concerned about when they come in from the pool to have a seat with semi-wet towels and dripping chlorinated pool water.

Any idea of which indoor sofa upholstery will withstand chlorine?

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 anni fa

Usually Sunbrella is the first choice but IMO you do come in from the pool with wet clothes and sit on an interior sofa.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Dry off......!! Stay out there until you are dry, or change into dry! . Or don't sit unless it is Sunbrella, ( bleachable) or PVC faux leather whatever!. Who does this?? Kids perhaps.....

• Kyrishia Reid Johnson
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Thanks for the advice! Most will dry off well once they've retired for the day. I apologize if I mislead you to envision some super saturated swimmer emerging from the pool to plop on our couch. Over my dead body. However, some may take a short break from the pool to go inside perhaps for a snack and go back out for more fun in the sun. In those instances although they dry off as best they can, their suits will still be damp and the wrap around towel won't be enough of a barrier between those wet bottoms and our couch. Also their hair may still drip. That's was what I had in mind when asking for help.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Krishia,

Your houzz message wouldn't open. In answer to the question, Sunbrella is a fabric commonly used out doors. In plain canvas types, not too pricey. In more luxurious iterations associated with indoor living? It can be very pricey. They don't make furniture......although outdoor furniture will most often give you that fabric brand /option, along with the cushioning inside the coverings that are meant to let water pass through, and dry quickly. That type of foam is more expensive as well.

New rules for the pool season basement seem in order: ) at your house. And some inexpensive outdoor seating for inside the basement tv area for snacking and a break from the sun...

• PRO
    User
    6 anni fa

Exterior type patio furniture with a tile floor underneath would likely be your best choice. And plenty of extra towels provided, just in case!

• thinkdesignlive
    6 anni fa
    Our last house had a pool and we had younger kids. It's the kids that will do it for sure. And they will leave their towel on the floor, sofa. Lots of monitoring and reminders especially when their friends were over and they 'forgot'.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".