Houzz Logo Print
toronto18

bathroom flooring help please

toronto18
6 anni fa

What colour vinyl should I go for please? It is a white bathroom suite, white quatz-like worktop and white with grey marbled tile to be finished with grey grout. The bathroom is on the northwest side of the building so only gets evening light so tends towards a darker room. I have some grey flooring samples but they all seem a little dull and come out rather dark. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Commenti (11)

• PRO
    Harvey Maria
    6 anni fa

Hi toronto18 :)

We have a fantastic range of grey vinyl & rubber flooring available in a variety of textures & patterns.

I'd recommend checking our Grey Flooring page: http://www.harveymaria.com/Floor-Range/grey

If there are any that you like the look of, please feel free to drop us a message and I'll arrange for some samples to be sent out free of charge!

Best wishes,

Alice

• Jonathan
    6 anni fa
    Assuming that is your washstand the tile is against I would tile the floor with the same tile to avoid you having too many different flat surfaces in a small space (assuming you can get it in a floor quality tile).
    Given the light situation I would paint a feature wall in a deep colour to add contrast to an otherwise fairly white room. Against this tile I like Farrow and a ball Downpipe- don't forget to buy a wipeable matt finish.
  • chloeloves
    6 anni fa
    Hi. Love the marble look tiles, where are they from? Have you considered wood effect floor? Either wood effect tiles or good quality vinyl (they are so realistic these days!). It would add some warmth to counterbalance all the white. Could you post some more photos?
  • toronto18
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Chloeloves - I can do some more photos tomorrow - a little too dark now. The tiles are Kendal Bianco Porcelain Marble Effect from a local tile shop either matt or gloss. I chose matt because they show less water marks apparently - hopefully! I had thought about a wood effect - maybe with a grey wash effect - but was unsure of mixing so many styles - marble, quartz and wood??

• A S
    6 anni fa
    Hi,

If you worried about the small space including too many patterns, you could consider the following Luxury Vinyl Tiles from Amtico which could work in your space...As they co-ordinate with your white and grey scheme, you are then free to add additional colour if you wish through accessories.

Here are a few examples attached but Amtico have a huge range of vinyl
  • A S
    6 anni fa
    Some more
  • PRO
    Whitbydesign
    6 anni fa
    Check out The Colour Flooring Company...great range of neutral and bold colours and good quality.

We used it in our bathroom and years later it still looks as good as new!
  • PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    6 anni fa

Try Karndean luxury vinyl, it's waterproof, I'd look with wood effect range with that scheme

• PRO
    Harvey Maria
    6 anni fa

@toronto18 there may be a Harvey Maria retailer near to you. You can see the list here: http://www.harveymaria.com/find-a-retailer

Best of luck!

Alice

• PRO
    Amanda Neilson Interiors
    6 anni fa

Hello! I would go for a wood effect vinyl - so a scandi looking limed white oak for example - you have lots of stone tile effects going on - so a different material (i.e. wood) is called for.... in my opinion!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".