Houzz Logo Print
kelkim2

Blah beach bedroom

kelkim2
6 anni fa

I thought this Ikat fabric would look pretty with the quilt color but it needs something more. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. I will be changing out the pictures that came with the house. And I was thinking of putting the bed on the diagonal instead of in front of the window so I can put a headboard. It's only a full because It's a very small room. Thank you for your advice!

Commenti (9)

• P Banos
    6 anni fa

I think white walls would look better with those bold colors. If you like the walls and bedspread, then white accents would work.

Not a fan of diagonal bed, you can't rotate 90 degrees?

kelkim2 ha ringraziato P Banos
  • kelkim2
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

I love these ideas! Thank you so much! I got the fabric at Joanne Fabric. Do you think it I can get more fabric I should make a bed skirt or would that be too much?

• acm
    6 anni fa

nightstand + lamp!

kelkim2 ha ringraziato acm
  • PRO
    KIKI Interiors
    6 anni fa

I think some fresh paint (white or a soft grey) would really brighten up the space! Add some more pillows to give the bed more volume! It would make a big difference! Beautiful fabric choice - the colours are so vibrant

kelkim2 ha ringraziato KIKI Interiors
  • northpoint2
    6 anni fa

I think rotating the bed 90 degrees would be great. The bedding looks fine, maybe you could fold a fluffy comforter at the end of the bed so it looks a bit more substantial?

kelkim2 ha ringraziato northpoint2
  • kelkim2
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thank you all for the wonderful advice! I'm really looking forward to putting your suggestions in place. It's such a small room and I'm feeling so much better about making it look nice.

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    6 anni fa

Try adding two night stands with lamps, a throw at the end of the bed that matches the Ikat pattern, or that is the same blue color, more pillows, and if possible a rug in that blue color under the bed. That should draw everything together. Here are some inspiration photos below to aid you:

Woodside Updated Traditional Home · Maggiori informazioni

Sullivan Island Beach House · Maggiori informazioni

Sullivan Island Beach House · Maggiori informazioni

kelkim2 ha ringraziato Nandina Home & Design
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 anni fa

In a small room, you cannot angle bed to the corner. It takes up too much room and then night stands are very tight. If you can place the bed on the side wall this might be better, but painting your walls a bright off white, and replacing the overhead lighting and adding night stand lights are very important. You can get wall mounted lighting to save space. Something like these.

Metal Industrial Adjustable Wall Sconce, Black · Maggiori informazioni
    All these elements will make for a cute, inviting room.

kelkim2 ha ringraziato Flo Mangan
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".