Houzz Logo Print
williann

What color to paint cabinets

williann
6 anni fa

We have always had stained kitchen cabinets and we have always built our homes except for this house. We completed renovating the bathrooms and now it's time for the kitchen. This new house's kitchen is small and has dark oak cabinets plus brown-black granite (IMO - ugliest granite I've ever seen) which does not match the cabinet color and was poorly installed. I've decided to go with painted cabinets and a stained center island.

I picked out my back splash first to determine the kitchen color scheme. I feel in love with Artistic Tile's Granada Smoke. It's hard to tell from this picture but there is blue in the gray. The creamy looking part is Blanco Antico granite. Plus gray glass.

Countert top? Granite was too busy and hard to match. And, believe it or not, we could not find a quartz that would match. It was either too creamy colored or too white. Our fabricator has about 6 different lines of quartz in his showroom.

So the counter top we chose is Calacatta Quartzite. The movement in the quartzite was smoother and the gray and blue in the quartzite matches very nicely with the tile.

My dilemma is what color to paint the cabinets? Having painted cabinets will be very new to us but I do like the look. I'd like to tie in the color of the back splash. I just don't know if off-white cabinets will look like dingy. Would it be okay to go lighter than what's in the tile? Do I need to match it?

Thanks in advance!

Commenti (33)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".