Houzz Logo Print
phyl760

Help me decide how to design the remaining piece of my kitchen puzzle!

phyl760
6 anni fa

Planning for my new kitchen is keeping me up at night! I thought this was going to be fun! My last challenge with my design is to decide if I should make the cabinets on either side of my 36 inch wood range hood symmetrical or not.

Option 1:

A 27" cabinet to the right of the hood and a 30" cabinet to the left of the hood followed by an easy reach corner middle hinged cabinet with 12" doors.

Option 2:

Make both cabinets to the left and right of the hood 27". My KD mentioned a blind cabinet for the corner for the remaining 15 inches.

Not sure if that is the best solution. The KD has advised that 15" middle hinged doors are too cumbersome. I have seen pics of an easy reach corner cabinet with hinges on each side where one door opens and then the other. My cabinets are custom. Is it a workable solution with this type of cabinet to have 15 inch doors? Or should I just live with it being asymmetrical?

I greatly appreciate your input!

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Bordeaux Luxury Homes - Professional Remodeling
    6 anni fa

Hi phyl760,

While we like to keep things symmetrical when possible, I would recommend doing the 30" 27" and the 15" cabinet for the corner. It sounds like you're deciding between look and functionality. Having that extra corner space might come in handy before you know it.

We hope that helps!

phyl760 ha ringraziato Bordeaux Luxury Homes - Professional Remodeling
  • phyl760
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Thanks for your response. You are right I am torn because optimally I would love to have both look and functionality. The 30" 27" option is a marked improvement over my current kitchen that is 36" 27". I'm increasing my range from a 30" to a 36" and changing out the microwave above the range to a beautiful wood hood. I know I should just be happy to be replacing my dated 90's oak, kitchen!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".